• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

How Many Regular Season Wins For 2018 Wake Forest Football?

How many wins (excluding potential conference championship and bowl game)?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
7 + bowl win. First time in school history we'll have three consecutive bowl wins.

Think we'll drop an early one because of shaky QB play, but we'll steal one later in the season once our offense starts clicking on all cylinders.

7 + bowl win. First time in school history we'll have three consecutive bowl wins.

Think we'll drop an early one because of shaky QB play, but we'll steal one later in the season once our offense starts clicking on all cylinders.

I’m here. I think I said 8 before but that’s a tough task with a tough schedule.

Six should be the goal. Anything more than that is huge. People are still underestimating the difficulty of transitioning to a new QB. Also, the Atlantic is going to be very tough this year.

5 wins. Hoping for 6.

Worried about potential to lose all of the road games.

Playing @ Tulane w/ a new QB to start the season is tough. A win there could really boost confidence and build momentum. A loss would do the opposite of that.

I went with an optimistic 7 as well. Outstanding O line will help a lot with inexperienced QB.

Feels like six with everything we lost and questions at key positions. Without the steady hand of our staff, we'd probably be looking at 3-4 otherwise.

5 wins. Hoping for 6.

Worried about potential to lose all of the road games.

Playing @ Tulane w/ a new QB to start the season is tough. A win there could really boost confidence and build momentum. A loss would do the opposite of that.

I'm also thinking 5-6 wins, but think we handle Tulane with ease. Should be able to run all over them.

I like this brand of optimism w/r/t the football Deacs. I'll echo these sentiments.

Six should be the goal. Anything more than that is huge. People are still underestimating the difficulty of transitioning to a new QB. Also, the Atlantic is going to be very tough this year.

+1

Six. Unlike 2006, our resurgence as a program is ill-timed with regard to the rest of the conference.

I predict 7 wins

W - @Tulane
W - Towson
W - BC
L - ND
W - Rice
L - Clemson
L - @FSU
L - Louisville
W - Syracuse
L - @State
W - Pitt
W - @Duke

The BC, Syracuse, and Duke games are really our whole season. If we go 1-2 against them we dont make a bowl.

Back