• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

How many wins for the Deacs?

How many wins this year?

• 10+

Votes: 9 4.9%

Votes: 14 7.6%

Votes: 52 28.3%

Votes: 73 39.7%
  • 6 or less

Votes: 36 19.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DeacsOrDie

Reaction score
If already posted, then whatever. Just wanted to get the fanbase majority of how many wins we will get this year?

7-5 would be exceptionally good given our schedule. I think 6-6 is more realistic and even that would be remarkable.

Was thinking for a while about which option to go with before I realized this was a football poll.

7-5 would be exceptionally good given our schedule. I think 6-6 is more realistic and even that would be remarkable.

6-6 remarkable? We have a veteran squad, and I like our schedule. $20 says we make a bowl, takers?

6-6 remarkable? We have a veteran squad, and I like our schedule. $20 says we make a bowl, takers?

Well to get to 6-6 we will have to defeat either UVa or Vandy, IMO. Either win would be remarkable. As much as I really want a win vs UNC, we are undermanned except possibly with respect to coaching.

Just wanted to have my name associated with my prediction of 9 wins.

I'll say 8, counting a win in Charlotte in the Belk Bowl. 4-2 in our first 6 then we get 3 wins down the stretch. Solid season that will build optimism for 2013 when we should be even better

I'll say 8, counting a win in Charlotte in the Belk Bowl. 4-2 in our first 6 then we get 3 wins down the stretch. Solid season that will build optimism for 2013 when we should be even better

Agree with the 4-2. Doubtful about 3 wins. BC is my only confident win in the last six. Schedule is tough. Vandy may be key to a bowl.

Carolina is beatable. We would have been right in the game in CH last year without all of the turnovers. It was one of their best performances of the year and one of our worst.

Suspect OL, loss of Givens, tough schedule ...but Grobe is our coach. Here's hoping for 6 wins.

Suspect OL, loss of Givens, tough schedule ...but Grobe is our coach. Here's hoping for 6 wins.

Harshly pessimistic.

Not only do we have a veteran defense, we have a GOOD veteran defense. Tanner Price is going to be a great quarterback this year, seeing as his main issue last year was the occasional under throw on short routes, and he seems to have addressed that at least. Josh Harris seems to have some fire now. Offensive Line has some raw talent.

8 wins is what I'll predict, but could see 6 in a worst case scenario with 7-9 all being pretty realistic.

Liberty - W
UNC - L
@ FSU - L
Army - W
Duke - W
@ Maryland - W
@ UVA - L
Clemson - L
BC - W
@ NC State - L
@ Notre Dame - L
Vandy - W

Three losses that can turn into wins - UNC, UVA, NC State

7-5 or 8-4. That's bold considering I'm only confident of 4 wins BUT, I think we can surprise a few folks like UVA or Clemson.

Liberty - W
UNC - W
@ FSU - L
Army - W
Duke - W
@ Maryland - W
@ UVA - W or L
Clemson - W or L
BC - W
@ NC State - W
@ Notre Dame - L
Vandy - W or L