• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

How Many Wins Will 2022-23 Wake Forest Basketball Have on Selection Sunday?

How many wins will Wake basketball have on Selection Sunday (including ACCT)?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Dali Llama

Reaction score
I'll be honest, I know very little about the new dudes on this team and don't really know what to expect besides looking at KenPom and reading posts from ATS, Pilch, and the like who've followed the offseason a little more closely.

But same question as always - including any potential ACC Tournament wins, how many wins will we have on Selection Sunday?

Schedule:

Fairfield
Georgia
Utah Valley
La Salle
Jamaica Classic Game 2 - Georgetown/Loyola Marymount
South Carolina State
Hampton
@ Wisconsin
@ Clemson
LSU
Appalachian State
@ Rutgers
Duke
Virginia Tech
@ North Carolina
@ Louisville
Florida State
@ Boston College
Clemson
Virginia
@ Pittsburgh
NC State
@ Duke
@ Notre Dame
North Carolina
Georgia Tech
@ Miami
@ NC State
Notre Dame
Boston College
@ Syracuse

PS - the Jamaica Classic has 8 teams, so I would've assumed we play a 3rd game if we win the first 2...? But the schedule and dates of the tournament don't suggest that. Not sure.

Just 2 games. LaSalle and then either Georgetown or Loyola Marymount.

23-8 regular season (14-6 ACC; 9-2 OOC)
1-1 in ACC Tourney (losing in semis after a bye for finishing Top 4)
Total of 24-9 on Selection Sunday

Woof that nonconference schedule still sucks this year. Here's the 2023 Kenpom rankings:

Fairfield: 188
Georgia: 93
Utah Valley: 128
La Salle: 185
Jamaica Classic Game 2 - Georgetown/Loyola Marymount: 102/142
South Carolina State: 347
Hampton: 336
@ Wisconsin: 55

LSU: 40
Appalachian State: 197
@ Rutgers: 50

Better than last year, but we better beat LSU, Wisconsin, or Rutgers if we want to be able to talk about a quality OOC win.

Utah Valley game at LJVMC is kinda sorta also a part of the Jamaica Classic. Each of the teams going to Jamaica plays a game against another participant

Expecting we'll win all the OOC games we expect to win and then also grab one of the 3 tougher road/neutral games (@Wisconsin, vs. LSU in Atlanta, @Rutgers).
Losses in the ACC: @UNC, @Duke, @Notre Dame + 3 others (maybe @Miami, @Syracuse and a home game against either UNC or Duke).

Woof that nonconference schedule still sucks this year. Here's the 2023 Kenpom rankings:

Fairfield: 188
Georgia: 93
Utah Valley: 128
La Salle: 185
Jamaica Classic Game 2 - Georgetown/Loyola Marymount: 102/142
South Carolina State: 347
Hampton: 336
@ Wisconsin: 55

LSU: 40
Appalachian State: 197
@ Rutgers: 50

Better than last year, but we better beat LSU, Wisconsin, or Rutgers if we want to be able to talk about a quality OOC win.

Yeah, need to win 1-2 of the Wisky, LSU, Rutgers... But there are fewer 300+KP teams on the schedule, which should help. Hopefully the ACC is better, as well.

I usually root against most of the ACC in the non-conference... I might have to just suck it up and pull for the ACC after last year.

Yeah, need to win 1-2 of the Wisky, LSU, Rutgers... But there are fewer 300+KP teams on the schedule, which should help. Hopefully the ACC is better, as well.

I usually root against most of the ACC in the non-conference... I might have to just suck it up and pull for the ACC after last year.
More wins by ACC teams over OOC opponents helps Wakein the long run. The greater the perceived strength of the ACC, the easier it will be for Wake to get into the NCAA Tournament.

An ACC that is strong will give Wake more quad 1 and quad 2 win opportunities. As we saw last season, the committee values them.

Back