• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

How much money?? (Prison)

This is way too low. I'm thinking something close to Palma's view (1M/10M).

One year wouldn't have a drastic affect on my life and a million dollars could really set me up well for the future. 5 years in jail is completely life-changing. I go in at 26, come out at 31. Those are 5 of my best years of my life. I'd have to come out with an amount that I no longer have to work the rest of my life and can live very comfortably. Does $5M get me that? Maybe, but probably not. I think $7M - $10M would be the correct amount for 5 years in prison. I come out and am living off $350k - $500k easily.

this is heading the right direction. you go away for a year or five and you come out having lost those years of income generation and career improvement. you then need to try and find a decent job with a criminal record. does not even take into account missing family etc. i would need an amount of cash to not have to work again.

Now - you couldn't pay me enough. I'm not going to miss a full year (much less 5) of my kids growing up and me not being that much of a part of their lives for any amount.

Once they head off to college, I think it would be $2M/$25M.

I'd probably go for a year for $250K plus a sizable life insurance policy in the range of $5-10MM.

Now - you couldn't pay me enough. I'm not going to miss a full year (much less 5) of my kids growing up and me not being that much of a part of their lives for any amount.

Once they head off to college, I think it would be $2M/$25M.

And Mrs. Thunderbolt would be fine with this?

And Mrs. Thunderbolt would be fine with this?

There are some days that Mrs. Thunderbolt's threshold might be much lower

And, honestly, I'm not sure that $25M would do it for 5 years. Not really sure there is a number that I would give up 5 years of my life for.

Last edited:
I'd do one year for 500k if I had unlimited internet access, could use my credit card online, and was guaranteed to not get raped. Spend 14+ hours a day learning something highly lucrative. I just got paid a nice salary to be in a forced year long study program. Literally couldn't pay me for 5 years right now.

It depends on the type of facility. But there is something alluring about not having to work, wearing pajamas all day and having access to a gym and library.

Back