• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

How much money will you give back to Wake this year?

Go fuck yourself, Ron.

I think it'd be fun if a whole lot of people pledged big dollars to the Deacon Club, and then didn't fulfill the pledges. Really fuck over their budget.

Unfortunately, I think there would be legal ramifications to that.

Unfortunately, I think there would be legal ramifications to that.

Here's my shot at playing lawyer, based on Janke's legal class - but unless they're offering me something in return then there is no contract. If I pledge and get nothing specific back for it, they can't enforce that I fulfill my pledge. So I think the only thing that would get you is pledging in order to get access to better season tickets or something.

Anyway, I contribute to the Wake Forest fund but not the athletic department. Don't see any reason for that to change as things currently stand.

Here's my shot at playing lawyer, based on Janke's legal class - but unless they're offering me something in return then there is no contract. If I pledge and get nothing specific back for it, they can't enforce that I fulfill my pledge. So I think the only thing that would get you is pledging in order to get access to better season tickets or something.

Anyway, I contribute to the Wake Forest fund but not the athletic department. Don't see any reason for that to change as things currently stand.

If there's no oversight on Wellman wrecking the basketball program, I would question how wisely the money from the Wake Forest fund is being spent.

Small donations may go unnoticed by the athletic department, but I would assume they hurt the university more, since % of alumni giving is a metric for the stupid US News rankings that the leadership probably cares about.

$0.00

Heaven help the first poster that calls out another poster's allegiance to WFU athletics.

Premier Wellman thought donations ran dry last year - wait until this year....

$0 dollars and 0 shits will be given this year...

Enjoy the empty seats next year, Ron. Go fuck yourself.

$0. As I finished grad school and got a full time job in the last year, I had planned to at least join the DC at the minimum level just to start giving back. I didn't even have to decide against it, Ron Wellman made the decision for me.

The amount I've given to the Deacon Club over the past decade is a drop in the bucket for Ron Wellman, I'm certain, though it has been significant for me and I've often felt pride sending off those checks over the years.

That said, I doubt there are a lot of 34 year old members of the Deacon Club who have given the amount that I have for the past 10 consecutive years. I know my friends I graduated with are all big Deac fans, but only 1 or 2 of them are members of the Deacon Club, and that happened in the past 3-4 years when I encouraged them to join for football parking pass reasons.

With this decision to keep [Redacted] and not go after Mr and Mrs Enfield, I won't be renewing my membership this year. It seems clear that Wellman could not care less about donors like me. It also seems clear that he has his own personal agenda for keeping [Redacted], and those reasons appear to have nothing to do with winning games or even graduating student-athletes.

Wellman is free to do that and run his own little athletics program however he sees fit, but I will no longer be helping to fund it. The big donors who approve the way he's carrying out business can simply write a bigger check. Hopefully those big donors are eating a healthy diet and getting plenty of exercise, because they'll need to live a long time to offset the loss of donors my age.

Good luck, Ronald!

Back