• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

How much work do you actually do on any given day?

I work 40-50 hours a week, but in spurts. Normal day usually involves anywhere from 3 to 7 hours of work during normal banker hours and 2 or 3 more at night. The rest of the daylight time is spent with my kids or golfing.

Travel an average of 15 weeks a year too.

It's hard to say exactly how many hours I work per week, because it depends upon how many clients call me and how far away they live. When a client calls me to add money to his account, I go pick up the check and get him to sign a form. I always try to keep a phone close by. It's a tough job.....especially in the summer because when someone calls I may be in the yard or garden and have to put on some shoes & long pants.....but someone has to do it. :)
You guys still collect checks by hand? No wonder so much of your industry is dying.

Depends on the time of year. On the summer, it's probably 70-90 per week (at least 11 hours per day M-F with an additional 4-6 on Saturday and 10-12 on Sunday). Significantly less in the winter.

Last edited:
I know people are wired differently and some just have that ability to hunker down and go, but I really and truly cannot fathom working a legitimate full 8 hours (or more) a day. Some days I enjoy the hectic bustle of being really busy, but it's more because I like the challenge and knowing I can/will accomplish it and everything will end well and with people having the information they need. I would not enjoy an environment where it was that intense all the time for no apparent reason. If things are running efficiently, there is no need for that level of 'hair on fire' all the time.

The Pareto Principle probably comes into play. 20% of 8 hours is about 1.5 hours.

I started working at 9:15 this morning when I met with a student, and I won't finish until 10:45 tonight when I'm out of costume. Conservatively I would say I work 75-80 hours a week. It's insane. It also cuts too much into my time on here.

Back