• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

How the #$%! can a group of college students not know......

Did these kids even finish high school? They cannot be that dense,

“Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.”

Reactions: ONW
That is unreal. I am telling myself that was clever editing and they actually got 99% correct answers but just released the ones that got it wrong.

I was a graduate teaching assistant for a college in North Carolina and had undergrad students there who believed that the Civil War fought in the 1960's.

I also liked the mashed up concepts some gave on their exams. My favorite was the Boston Tea Party Massacre.

"Who's the vice president? Is that like a trick question?"

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

That is unreal. I am telling myself that was clever editing and they actually got 99% correct answers but just released the ones that got it wrong.

I hope so, but no college campus (or high school for that matter) should have any students who can't answer those questions.

My father in law taught Texas history, and he would joke that this year, he'll say the Texans won at the Alamo.

I was a graduate teaching assistant for a college in North Carolina and had undergrad students there who believed that the Civil War fought in the 1960's.

I also liked the mashed up concepts some gave on their exams. My favorite was the Boston Tea Party Massacre.

One of my nieces taught an environmental health class at a small liberal arts school during the Gulf oil spill and she had an extra credit question on the midterm-which company is responsible for the oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico? In a class of 20, only one answered BP, two had incorrect answers, and the rest didn't even guess.

With all due respect a simple answer of "BP" is probably not the right answer (depending on how it was worded).

"Why would I know that? I can just google it if I need to..." This was an actual interview question answer.

My father in law taught Texas history, and he would joke that this year, he'll say the Texans won at the Alamo.

Of course they did! How could Davey Crockett or Jim Bowie lose? No way Texans would lose to Mexicans in a fight.

The South doesn't even need to rise again because WE WON THE FIRST TIME, BITCHES!

They were probably confused by the term "Civil War." Everyone knows it is called the War of Northern Aggression.

Back