• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

How We Die

tsywake

Sheikh of Smoke
Staff member
Reaction score
1900 vs 2010

It really goes to show how much penicillin really was revolutionary. It also surprises me how much progress we've made with cerebrovascular disease over the years, and not surprisingly, deaths by cancer greatly increased.

VpzwTDT.png

It really goes to show how much penicillin really was revolutionary.

As well as how potentially fucked we are from the overuse of antibiotics in farming and medicine.

I wonder how much the increased cancer rates can be attributed to smokers and people generally living longer because we've taken care of a lot of the shit that was wiping people out around 1900.

I wonder how much the increased cancer rates can be attributed to smokers and people generally living longer because we've taken care of a lot of the shit that was wiping people out around 1900.

Diagnostics have changed a lot in 100 years too, which I imagine would affect the reporting calculus here.

Back