• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Howard Dean to run for DNC chairman again

PhDeac

PM a mod to cement your internet status forever
Reaction score
Can't make this stuff up.

BKF HEAD ASSPOLDEEE!@

lZxg6Zj.gif

Last edited:
Can't make this stuff up.

I'd prefer Keith Ellison personally, but Dean did good work for the Dems with his 50 State Plan (that set some important groundwork to get Obama elected in 2008), work that they'll need to replicate and improve upon during the next four years.

If there is one thing that could unite the tunnels crowd, it's this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The 1st thing you need to do is build the state level parties back up. Gonna be tough to do in some states with the gerrymandered environment. I don't know how many more Dems would have to vote in NC than pubs for the Dems to take back control of the state house, but it would be alot.

The only thing that would lead to long term meaningful change in the political map in NC and around the country is for liberals to start businesses and create jobs in rural districts. Create a climate appealing for liberals to move there and for rural white voters to engage with people not like themselves.

The 1st thing you need to do is build the state level parties back up. Gonna be tough to do in some states with the gerrymandered environment. I don't know how many more Dems would have to vote in NC than pubs for the Dems to take back control of the state house, but it would be alot.

I think the concentration of liberals in urban areas really hurts and will continued to hurt the long term success of a progressive Democratic Party. Unless young people actually get out to vote in big numbers, a 50 state strategy is not going to work without appealing to more blue dogs.

I'd prefer Keith Ellison personally, but Dean did good work for the Dems with his 50 State Plan (that set some important groundwork to get Obama elected in 2008), work that they'll need to replicate and improve upon during the next four years.

Keith Ellison is getting Bernie's support too. Bernie's mailing list is going to be as powerful if not more than whatever grassroots the DNC legacy/establishment has in place.

Still, Ellison and Dean have great track records of progressive politics and good understanding of organization.

Compared to Debbie Wasserman Schultz and Donna Brazile, Dean is the gold standard. I know it's a pointless hypothetical, but HRC was running the DNC for the past three years. What if Dean had been there instead of DWS ? Better organization and outcome with less chance of a scandal (or two) ? Yeah probably.

I am eagerly awaiting BKF's entrance into this thread. What will he do....?

Isn't that Dean's argument for throwing his hat back into the ring ?

Compared to Debbie Wasserman Schultz and Donna Brazile, Dean is the gold standard. I know it's a pointless hypothetical, but HRC was running the DNC for the past three years. What if Dean had been there instead of DWS ? Better organization and outcome with less chance of a scandal (or two) ? Yeah probably.

Anybody, including Dean, would have done a lot better than Debbie and Donna, who were a pair of crooked fuck ups.

Back