• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

HP's UNC-Cheat Thread - UNC comes out on top, NCAA penalized by UNC

How convenient, jhmd blames it on liberals..........and everybody does it.

2) the safest I ever drive is inthe six months after I get a ticket. UNC is so scared of its own shadow that I think there are more safeguards at UNC than anywhere. If you actually have a deep passion for the academic rigors of UNC athletes, you should sleep comfortably tonight.
3) just keep the political context in mind. Nobody at unc was ever going to call afam out. I honestly don't know if other departments had paper classes. What I do know is that nobody said a word about the ones on the afam department. you can say a lot of things about unc athletics but you can't say that they didn't crack the code on their own campus. The problem to me is a poorly run academic department which provided athletics with a safe house for borderline cases. Either that or marvin Austin was born ready for grad level work. Either way, the fix to afam had to be external. It was never going to come from within. Sorry to break news, but many unc faculty revel in taking potshots at athletics. (E.g. jay smith). the idea that 10,000 ppl were going to keep the secret so we can beat state is laughable. They lob bombs on sports all the time. NOBODY was ever going to whisper a cross word about afam. Nobody ever did.
Finally, the favor: I can't begrudge rival (and in the case of state, non-rival) fans having their fun with this story. Pile on, get your licks in, go crazy. Just don't go full statefan. If you find yourself saying things like "professor kangaroo was personally writing lenny wertz's papers..." just stop yourself and take a cold shower.

Sent from my SCH-I435 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Grobe and bz both 'resigned' too.

Chris,
I am in the truth business, even when it hurts you. What is the name of the unc professor or administrator (or tutor) who spoke out against the afam department (since universally decried as a wholesale sham on these boards)? My deaf goldfish knows mary willingham and jay smith....but it is okay to bash unc athletes. Do you think nobody noticed afam had some weaknesses? Every unc undergrad with a 1.9 knew, I can promise you.
But nobody in admin noticed....or maybe they did but were scared to say (and I am correct). The orange county District attorney noticed...but no one that worked there did? You believe that? Me neither.

Last edited:
Chris,
I am in the truth business, even when it hurts you. What is the name of the unc professor or administrator (or tutor) who spoke out against the afam department (since universally decried as a wholesale sham on these boards)? My deaf goldfish knows mary willingham and jay smith....but it is okay to bash unc athletes. Do you think nobody noticed afam had some weaknesses? Every unc undergrad with a 1.9 knew, I can promise you.
But nobody in admin noticed....or maybe they did but were scared to say (and I am correct). The orange county District attorney noticed...but no one that worked there did? You believe that? Me neither.

I'm just going to leave this here. Not exactly what you requested, but close enough IMO.

http://alumni.unc.edu/article.aspx?sid=10216

http://alumni.unc.edu/article.aspx?sid=10217

So I guess we can add 32 retired professors who noticed. ...but nobody still awaiting promotion at unc noticed? Do you see my point yet Chris?

It is amazing what vested pensions and benefits and no further professional ambition does for one's ability to see what was going on in afam.
My point is not to excuse what happened, but don't confuse the tail for the dog. Athletics certainly looked for a weak point in the wood and boy did they find it. It was we wrong and should not have happened.

PC police, reverse racism, public employees... jhmd is playing the hits!

I acknowledge that there is no satiating the bloodlust of a rival. It must have been tough watching unc in the ncaat last several years knowing that they knew not the pain of playing on bloody tuesday. All I ask is that you don't go full statefan, really for your sakes.

I acknowledge that there is no satiating the bloodlust of a rival. It must have been tough watching unc in the ncaat last several years knowing that they knew not the pain of playing on bloody tuesday. All I ask is that you don't go full statefan, really for your sakes.

This little RoboSanctimoniousHeel bit is pretty good.

Were either of the wfu-unc games on a tuesday last year? The second one (to the extent it was a game) must have been on a weekend, as I was in attendance, but I don't know if the first one was on a Tuesday. Given that Wake was then coached by the John Wooden of Wednesday, I am guessing a win would have been later in the week.

UNC's problems have little to do with Wake, or State, fans. UNC will face ridicule, as it well should, until the university faces the reality of what they have been doing, namely, systematically and persistently cheating in their revenue sports and compromising the integrity of the university. And until they curb their booster club and receive appropriate punishment for their massive long-standing misdeeds.

UNC's problems have little to do with Wake, or State, fans. UNC will face ridicule, as it well should, until the university faces the reality of what they have been doing, namely, systematically and persistently cheating in their revenue sports and compromising the integrity of the university. And until they curb their booster club and receive appropriate punishment for their massive long-standing misdeeds.

Put this in your letter to Santa. It'll be more effective than what's actually going to happen.

gifmadmaxhavefunstormingthecastle.gif

Put this in your letter to Santa. It'll be more effective than what's actually going to happen.

I know it wont happen. And so UNC will constantly be facing charges of mass hypocrisy. It's their choice. UNC is like an alcoholic in denial, and the UNC booster club is their bartender encouraging them with free booze.

Back