• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

HP's UNC-Cheat Thread - UNC comes out on top, NCAA penalized by UNC

Same.

But as a NC resident I'm getting concerned this may affect the accreditation of NC's flagship university.

Be happy that these problems are getting addressed and students will get the education taxpayers are paying for.

True. I was being presumptuous. I forgot who runs NC.

Those "university of the people" commercials that play during Unc games have a different ring to them now.

True. I was being presumptuous. I forgot who runs NC.

Good point. I can't believe Pat McCrory and Phil Berger let this happen in their beloved AFAM Department for 18 years. Thanks a lot, NC Pubs.

There is a 0% chance that Roy did not know EXACTLY what was going on. Player eligibility is the cornerstone of any program. You review it constantly during the year for two reasons:

1. Hopefully you actually care about your players
2. You don't have a team if you don't have eligible players

It is inconceivable that he would know his 13 scholarship players exact GPA's, much less know if they were enrolled in fake classes. One of his assistants was most certainly tied directly to their academic support team to give constant updates to the head coach. Study Halls, major tests, etc.... are all monitored and reported back to the coaching staff.

How long do you think the leadership at wake has known the UNC bus was out-of-control and barreling down a mountain?

I assume they have gotten ahead of it and ensured we are squeaky clean w/r/t athletics and academics. Was Wellman actually playing chess the last year or two of the Bzz/Grobe era with his culture and 'winning the right way' spin?

How exposed were/are we?

Jhmd2000. You are way off. Republicans have not been in control for 18 years. Tony rand is the one that sat mid court in Chapel Hill. Berger even called out former gov Jim Martin for doing a crap job with his investigative report.

Jhmd2000. You are way off. Republicans have not been in control for 18 years. Tony rand is the one that sat mid court in Chapel Hill. Berger even called out former gov Jim Martin for doing a crap job with his investigative report.

:rulz: I'm sure that's what he meant.

I don't know...I'm not sure PhDeac can be defeated on his point to blame the AFAM Department's fraudulent conduct in 1990's on Republican leadership of the State in 2014. Who could argue with that?

Heavy Petter's Thread Describing Ongoing Cheating & Corruption at UNC-CH

jh, what is your true opinion on your cheater school?

eta - not that i expect a straight answer

Last edited:
I don't know...I'm not sure PhDeac can be defeated on his point to blame the AFAM Department's fraudulent conduct in 1990's on Republican leadership of the State in 2014. Who could argue with that?

That's not even what I said. Clearly your reading comprehension skills are lacking.

But go on.

The reality is if this was almost any other school, the championships would already be vacate. The HC would have been forced out and give a five plus year Show Cause Order.

This guy is more believable than the basketball coach at UNC:

There were some pretty high profile coaches that were ousted at Penn State and Ohio State.
Don't see why it couldn't happen at UNC.

The reality is if this was almost any other school, the championships would already be vacate. The HC would have been forced out and give a five plus year Show Cause Order.

This guy is more believable than the basketball coach at UNC:

How long do you think the leadership at wake has known the UNC bus was out-of-control and barreling down a mountain?

I assume they have gotten ahead of it and ensured we are squeaky clean w/r/t athletics and academics. Was Wellman actually playing chess the last year or two of the Bzz/Grobe era with his culture and 'winning the right way' spin?

How exposed were/are we?

Everybody is exposed, some more than others. There is just too much money in college sports for all these programs to be clean. The best we can hope is that we are less exposed than most. We certainly have the win-loss record to prove it.

Back