• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Huckabee?

FuckmouthedRube

Reaction score
Several current threads (Christie, National GOP debacle, etc...) have posts about Huckabee, but wanted to consolidate them into a single thread since I doubt he's going to stop making loopy out of touch statements any time soon:

-Jay Z's pimping out Beyonce
-Obamas are crappy parents because they let their daughters listen to Beyonce
-States should just ignore Supreme Court rulings on marriage equality
-Ted Nugent is an exemplary American

Don't know the details of his Fox deal, but I can't imagine he'll make more money on the book than he would from an on-going Fox gig. Two time presidential loser doesn't command big speaking fees, so I kinda think he really believes he has a realistic chance of winning in 2016.

Can't see how Huckabee or Santorum have a clear path to the nomination and both would be general election disasters, but I also don't see an enhanced pay day for Huckabee from another losing campaign.

Huckabee has never had a clear path to the nomination in any of his previous attempts to run either. All he is doing is resetting the clock on his proverbial 15 minutes every four years.

Huckabee has never had a clear path to the nomination in any of his previous attempts to run either. All he is doing is resetting the clock on his proverbial 15 minutes every four years.

Donny Trump's game plan. There was a time when someone would be roundly condemned for doing nothing more than baiting a run at national political office for nothing more than personal aggrandizement and gain. The average 15-second-attention-span, gossip-obsessed American loves it now, however. In reality, it's hard to cheapen something which has been so degraded from within by those who end up holding those offices.

In the same way getting slowly sawed in half is light years better than being hanged drawn and quartered.

This is bullshit. I'd much rather be hanged than slowly sawed in half. And after the hanging, feel free to draw and quarter me. Or don't. Whatever.

Donny Trump's game plan. There was a time when someone would be roundly condemned for doing nothing more than baiting a run at national political office for nothing more than personal aggrandizement and gain. The average 15-second-attention-span, gossip-obsessed American loves it now, however. In reality, it's hard to cheapen something which has been so degraded from within by those who end up holding those offices.

Clearly Trump and Palin have perfected that game. Herman Cain ran so he could get a book/TV/radio deal. Newt ran, but thought he'd up his speaking fees after a loss. Huckabee, Santorum, Bachmann, and Kuchinich are delusional true believers who couldn't monetize their losses effectively. Cruz is probably more like Newt, but I doubt he'll stay in elected politics very long and will probably make more money after leaving office than the others. The single issue zealots drive primaries away from the center and damage the general election prospects of more centrist candidates.

Is hanging until death always the rule? I think they hang you for public shame but not always until you're dead.

A properly performed hanging should result in death pretty quickly. Much faster than sawing through someone's torso (and I'm picturing a magician style sawing here, not like a guillotine). Also presuming a basic level of executionary competency. Like, if you're going to let me asphyxiate by hanging or chop me up with a dull saw, then that changes things. This isn't like 'Nam; there are rules.

well, there's hanging and there's strangulation

Yes and no. In more modern times, hanging's primary mode of death relies on breaking one's neck, while shorter drop hangings, which were more common in the remote past, relied on strangulation. They're not really distinct processes unless context is provided.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/pol...-change-stance-gay-marriage-article-1.2099407

Huckabee says he'll never change his views on gay marriage since it's "biblical" not political. There's no doubt that Santorum, Carson, Cruz and many in the GOP base feel the same way. What do they do when the Supreme Court rules against them? Will they still have a constitutional amendment ban plank in the 2016 platform after a court ruling?

Didn't a large number of segregationists make the same claim about the Bible justifying racism against blacks?

Back