• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Hudson dunk

I didn't think it was intentional, he was probably surprised Hudson took off when he did. Even went over to Hudson as he as shooting his ft to see if he was okay. However, it's still a dirty play and could've easily resulted in a serious injury to Hudson. Should've been a flagrant 1 or at the VERY LEAST, the refs should've gone to the monitor to review it. It pisses me off when guys get flagrants when they go for the ball and wrap someone up around the shoulders. But when they undercut someone(a much more dirty and dangerous play) just because it doesn't look as vicious, nothing gets called.

Maybe it's just me, but I didn't see any ill intent in what he did. Everybody around me at the game, and here disagrees, so it may just be me that sees it this way.

I'm with you. I don't think he thought Crab would go and slam it like that and then got out of position

I was thinking he was asking for 2 shots because he thought he got intentionally fouled. Was hoping they would at least review that.

Same.
He was undercut.

Agreed. I thought it was off us in real time as well. Also agree that he absolutely should have been T'd up. It's silly to think that some people on these boards wish Manning would act like that more often, when K is one of probably 5 coaches in the NCAA that wouldn't have been T'd up for that.

Yep I thought it was off us as well (it was hard to tell that it bounced out before we blatantly tried to grab it) but Coach K's reaction was out of control. He was a 7 year old throwing a temper tantrum.

I don't see an intentional move to undercut at all. He starts moving in that direction before Hudson takes off, probably thinking he'll go for a layup, but then Hudson leaps and there's nothing he can do.

It's a typical bitch move for a Duke player to pull, but just not the case in this instance.

Also the headline on that video is... special.

I don't see an intentional move to undercut at all. He starts moving in that direction before Hudson takes off, probably thinking he'll go for a layup, but then Hudson leaps and there's nothing he can do.

It's a typical bitch move for a Duke player to pull, but just not the case in this instance.

i agree.

and by headline you mean "hudson made dunk"? yep, that's atrocious.

I agree. As much as I hate Allen, looking at his body language before, during and after the play, I don't think it was intentional or malicious. Def. could have been dangerous though.

Hate Grayson. Don't think he did anything on purpose. Glad Hudson wasn't hurt.

Hate Grayson. Don't think he did anything on purpose. Glad Hudson wasn't hurt.

Didn't think "intent" was a part of the flagrant foul. Just the action of the player. In this case, Grayson didn't have guarding position, he was behind Hudson. And he was inside the no charge circle.

If I was Danny, I'd be sending the tape to the league office to get an interpretation about whether or not the situation warranted 1) a review by the officials, and if not, why not; and 2) whether or not the play on Grayson Allens's part was in reality a flagrant foul.

Wonder if the answers would be different if the uniforms were reversed.

Grayson Allen won the McDonalds Slam Dunk contest and then on a fast break decides to undercut an opppent going for a dunk. What a prick. If he pulled that crap in a pickup game he would get his teeth knocked out. Instead he undercuts people and then stares at spectators like he is some sort of bad ass.

This

Allen intentionally moved his body under Crab as he was elevating for a breakaway dunk. He knew what he was doing. He didn't get under Crab by accident. He wasn't pushed under Crab. Crab didn't jump over him to dunk. It happened in a split second but Allen has played enough basketball to know that he was putting Crab in harm's way by sliding into his legs when Crab was airborne.

Totally, was intentional. Maybe no intent to harm but definitely wanted upset Crab's balance with the hope of affecting the shot. It was a calculated move.

If you move under someone and make no attempt at the ball does it matter that you act like you didn't mean to. Under cutting is a flagrant foul because of the danger it involves for the fouled player (which is reinforced by how Crab fell).

It is incredible that Duke would get the benefit of a lax interpretation of the rules. Who da thunk it!

Manning asked the ref and the ref blew him off.

If you move under someone and make no attempt at the ball does it matter that you act like you didn't mean to. Under cutting is a flagrant foul because of the danger it involves for the fouled player (which is reinforced by how Crab fell).

It is incredible that Duke would get the benefit of a lax interpretation of the rules. Who da thunk it!

Manning asked the ref and the ref blew him off.

And when asked about the officiating at the PC, DM said, "You saw it; write it."

Allen intentionally moved his body under Crab as he was elevating for a breakaway dunk. He knew what he was doing. He didn't get under Crab by accident. He wasn't pushed under Crab. Crab didn't jump over him to dunk. It happened in a split second but Allen has played enough basketball to know that he was putting Crab in harm's way by sliding into his legs when Crab was airborne.

haha i hope this was meant to be read comically. if not then you sound like a complete chach, and should have your nickname using privileges revoked. i don't really keep up with many names on here, so i have no idea how serious you were. either way, funny.

haha i hope this was meant to be read comically. if not then you sound like a complete chach, and should have your nickname using privileges revoked. i don't really keep up with many names on here, so i have no idea how serious you were. either way, funny.

He's a troll

Back