• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

HuffPost Article: Dem Brand declines 31% since 2008 under Obama

I don't think that ncsportsnut could pass a piss test. He's got to be high on something. The guy is totally off his rocker.....out there where the buses don't run, as they say. My only hope for his sanity is the possibility that he is just pulling everyone's leg as a joke.....because if he isn't, then he is the joke.

a) I would pass a piss test, but quite frequently wish I couldn't...
b) Buses do run here, about once a week...the horse and buggy version...
c) I am, apparently, the joke, at least until Election Day.

P.S. If I'm wrong, I will be first to admit it on the day after. But it's got the feel of 1994 all over. Very strong undercurrent on Republican side and very strong voter enthusiasm.

The linked article is an op-ed piece. Certainly interesting, but not really what I'd call evidence of Obama's strategy. Thanks for posting.

1. Polls consistently show very low voter enthusiasm among black voters, and even if Obama retains 93% of that voting block, it will be a much smaller block.

2. Same with Hispanics. Polls consistently show dropoff of voter registration among Hispanics in the battleground states, and low voter turnout.

3. Zero enthusiasm in the youth (under 30) age group, and Romney has made inroads around 45% of the youth vote that will turnout.

4. The female vote is not a block. Romney leads substantially among married women, and Obama leads among single women. And as you know but aren't saying, Obama had 13% advantage in female vote in 2008, so lowering that to a 10 point advantage would be huge for Romney.

5. Obama has written off the white male vote long ago and is underwater on the white male voters. White voters are around 77% of the electorate, and with the shrinking of the black and Hispanic voter blocks could easily get to 79 or 80%.

Back to the drawing board please.

I think someone has been into the company kool-aid again. No way Obama loses, it will not even be close. I am not an Obama supporter but Romney is a dud and doesn't stand a chance.

I think someone has been into the company kool-aid again. No way Obama loses, it will not even be close. I am not an Obama supporter but Romney is a dud and doesn't stand a chance.

The election could of course break either way, but whoever wins will win 53-47. There are many signs pointing to a Romney victory, and I do think it will be 53-47 or 54-45.

I must have missed the part where there was all this "very strong voter enthusiasm" for Mitt Romney.

I said "voter enthusiasm on the Republican side", not necessarily pro-Romney, although that is better post-convention. There is strong voter enthusiasm to vote against Obama that isn't matched at all in Obama's key voting groups.

Reagan didn't create the housing crisis. He also didn't create the Great Society with all of the unfunded liabilities our balance sheet is carrying.
Nope, he didn't do either of those, but there is much more to this depression (defunding safety net, deregulating banks, letting jobs leave, etc.) that are as attributable to Reagan as most of this stuff is to Obama. Selective memory is lazy, nut.

Well...finally realized how old is this thread...oops.

Oh well, I do hate the facile "government is necessarily bad and the beast just needs to be killed for all good to flow" and the reflexive anti-whoeverisinthewhitehouse positions.

a) I would pass a piss test, but quite frequently wish I couldn't...
b) Buses do run here, about once a week...the horse and buggy version...
c) I am, apparently, the joke, at least until Election Day.

P.S. If I'm wrong, I will be first to admit it on the day after. But it's got the feel of 1994 all over. Very strong undercurrent on Republican side and very strong voter enthusiasm.

did we ever get that admission of being wrong?

First of all, we're in a truly global economy now. The domestic levers just don't work now. As sailor and I have pointed out, there's too much domestic and international competition with the domestic workforce for investment dollars. What hurts our economy happens all over the world and what will heal our economy does as well. Geez, we're engaged in the longest war in American history and we've managed to tank the economy in that time. If that doesn't tell you things are different, I don't know what will.

Which technically is Reagan's fault, since that required the fall of the Soviet Union. So, yeah, totally.

Misleading thread title. It's actually down 39%.

The article actually shows that the polarization of the nation and disgust with the political system has caught up to Dems and Pubs haven't recovered. Both parties are underwater in favorability. There's no back and forth. Just disgust. Since 2008, the Dems have gone from normal numbers to an all-time low and Pubs have gone from an all-time low to slightly higher.

"Every action has an equal and opposite reaction."

It inevitable that the Republicans will eventually regain control of government, that their reactionary policies will be even more extreme, and that I'll once again hate the Republicans.

I think I'm fairly representative of mainstream America, and I've never been happy with the party in charge except during the Reagan years and the Clinton years. And even then, I regretted it after the fact because both presidencies were proven to be fiscally irresponsible in the way that they artificially stimulated the economy.

Good post, Rico.

I'll pay a 25% finders fee for anyone who can get ncsports to live up to his word and pay off his bet.

What a lying bitch.

Which technically is Reagan's fault, since that required the fall of the Soviet Union. So, yeah, totally.

A right-wing classic, which doesn't get as much play as it used to. "REAGAN SINGLE-HANDEDLY BROUGHT DOWN THE SOVIET UNION! REAGAN SMASH!"

How did the ncsportsnut = vtwhat rumor/theory start? I just don't see it, but others (BSD I think?) are convinced it's him.

How did the ncsportsnut = vtwhat rumor/theory start? I just don't see it, but others (BSD I think?) are convinced it's him.

I'm pretty sure his name way back when was something like DeaconSportsNut. May be wrong on that.

Back