• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

HUGE NEWS!

The Pub war on reading and writing continues:

PhDeac: I think the Republicans will win the Senate.

jhmd2000: ARGH! Dems suck! ARGH! Math! ARGH!

I find it funny that you missed the point entirely, and then neg repped me for not reading. That's funny on a number of levels.

"The numbers" you're talking about are completely moot if "the numbers" you're ignoring aren't reconciled.

Our bloated entitlement system is not sustainable. People who are against reforming it are actually the ones who are in favor of ending them permanently. The three pack a day smoker is going to quit smoking eventually (one way...or another), it's just a matter of whether he wants to survive and recover. I'm sorry you miss that in our political debate, and I'm sorry you missed it on this thread. Like I said, funny on a number of levels.

I've never seen such happiness over a rather insignificant victory. There were a lot of factors in this election. Medicare was one of many. The jerkoff incumbent was another. The phony Tea Party candidate was another. The winner's opposition to Obamacare was another.

And as I said in another thread, it's NY so WGAF.

I find it funny that you missed the point entirely, and then neg repped me for not reading. That's funny on a number of levels.

"The numbers" you're talking about are completely moot if "the numbers" you're ignoring aren't reconciled.

Our bloated entitlement system is not sustainable. People who are against reforming it are actually the ones who are in favor of ending them permanently. The three pack a day smoker is going to quit smoking eventually (one way...or another), it's just a matter of whether he wants to survive and recover. I'm sorry you miss that in our political debate, and I'm sorry you missed it on this thread. Like I said, funny on a number of levels.

What numbers do you think I'm talking about? Your point has little to do with my point.

I've never seen such happiness over a rather insignificant victory. There were a lot of factors in this election. Medicare was one of many. The jerkoff incumbent was another. The phony Tea Party candidate was another. The winner's opposition to Obamacare was another.

And as I said in another thread, it's NY so WGAF.

Bad analysis, ELC. Even the hard right concedes that this election was essentially a referendum on Medicare that they lost. Those other factors were meaningless by comparison. Just look at the exit polling.

The GOP damn well better learn from this rebuke rather than deny it happened, or they'll blow a lot of winnable races.

Arlington, you really expect us to buy this? What really happened is a bogus tea party candidate split the vote, the Republican ran a very weak campaign (thinking she had it in the bag) and the Dem won. If you want to believe this election that most people didn't know about and would not have known about if the Dem had won signals a sea change and negates the 2010 elections then have at it.

Arlington, you really expect us to buy this? What really happened is a bogus tea party candidate split the vote, the Republican ran a very weak campaign (thinking she had it in the bag) and the Dem won. If you want to believe this election that most people didn't know about and would not have known about if the Dem had won signals a sea change and negates the 2010 elections then have at it.

Spoken just like a head in the sand Dem after Scott Brown won Teddy Kennedy's seat.

How so? Both point out that the losing party's message on health care has some major problems they need to fix.

Bad analysis, ELC. Even the hard right concedes that this election was essentially a referendum on Medicare that they lost. Those other factors were meaningless by comparison. Just look at the exit polling.

The GOP damn well better learn from this rebuke rather than deny it happened, or they'll blow a lot of winnable races.

On a national level, I think the GOP will gladly take Ryan's position on medicare vs. Obamacare. Yes, they will adjust the medicare message in light of this, but you can't extrapolate a lot to the national level based on an election where the winning Democrat was against Obamacare unless you think that all the Democrats running in 2012 will be taking the same position. 2012 will be an election that has a lot of national overtones and issues affecting local races. This election did not have that.

The GOP certainly buys it, if you review many candid reactions after the election.

It doesn't signal any "sea change," it signals that the GOP badly miscalculated the public reaction to threats to Medicare among likely voters.

Last edited:

Idf you are talking about NY26, "the bogus Tea Party candidate" very likely took most of his votes from the Dem. He ran ran twice out of the last three elections as the Dem nominee for this seat.

It's absurd to think that he tossed the election to Hochul.

Best neg rep ever? "Not because of that post, but because I just don't like you."

Good day to you, too!

Back