• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Hunter S. Thompson's Prediction of Trumpism

ONW

Reaction score
"In late March, Donald Trump opened a rally in Wisconsin by mocking the state’s governor, Scott Walker, who had just endorsed his Republican opponent, Ted Cruz. “He came in on his Harley,” Trump said of Walker, “but he doesn’t look like a motorcycle guy.”

“The motorcycle guys,” he added, “like Trump.”"

https://www.thenation.com/article/t...e-of-trumpism-his-name-was-hunter-s-thompson/

Great book btw.

Interesting read.

However, it reads like someone still trying to rationalize why they lost. It has to be because the other side is made up of inferior antiquated losers.

No chance it has anything to do with a generation of failed policies?

Interesting read.

However, it reads like someone still trying to rationalize why they lost. It has to be because the other side is made up of inferior antiquated losers.

Except he wrote it 50 years ago. The book, not the article. Although, I do see you're point of finding something to justify your current opinion.

knowell scored very low on reading comprehension and intuitive thinking as a child, and his scores now are even lower.

Except he wrote it 50 years ago. The book, not the article. Although, I do see you're point of finding something to justify your current opinion.

The article was not written 50 years ago.

knowell scored very low on reading comprehension and intuitive thinking as a child, and his scores now are even lower.

When you have nothing to contribute, then, you might as well insult.

Or you could do as Mark Twain said...

I corrected that, and I'm using your in a general not personal sense.

There is no doubt that there is a a part of Trump support that includes the underclass that is referred to here. Similarly, the underclass poor in cities will be a very reliable base for Dems.

It is not wrong to include these people as a reason that Trump won. It is wrong to consider this to be anywhere near a majority reason that Trump won.

I think bringing in disaffected first time rural voters is a major reason Trump won. In truth his margin of victory was so paper thin that every reason is a major reason.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I think bringing in disaffected first time rural voters is a major reason Trump won. In truth his margin of victory was so paper thin that every reason is a major reason.

I agree with this. It tilted the balance but still does not encompass a huge percentage of his voters.

I agree with this. It tilted the balance but still does not encompass a huge percentage of his voters.
The largest percentage of both group's voters is the establishment. Republicans do a much better job of falling in line then Democrats do

Agree also, the disenfranchised white middle class rural male doesn't encompass the many demographics that voted for him/against Hillary.

Tilting the balance is why he won.

Interesting read.

Nah

America is tight right now is you're not a white redneck

Back