• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Huntington Beach, CA

Wake95

Reaction score
I am making a quick last minute trip to Huntington Beach / Costa Mesa later this week....flying out Thur night and back to NC Sunday morning. Have been invited to come to the Hurley headquarters and spend a day in the water shooting waves with a few other photographers. Since this is all happening so fast, does anybody have any recs on nice, but relatively inexpensive, places to stay etc.? I doubt I will have much free time, so trying to keep time in the car to a minimum.

Couldn't go back to sleep. The Extended Stay hotel I mentioned in the PM is actually near Quicksilver not Hurley.

If you want to stay in Costa Mesa, there's a hotel by South Coast Plaza. I think it's called Tribute or something like that. You don't want to stay in Costa Mesa other than near South Coast Plaza. Most of the other hotels in CM are kinda sketchy.

Make sure they give you a wet suit if you're going to be in the water. It will be about 60 in the waves. That's fricking cold.

I can't believe they want you to a shoot on the beach on Memorial Day weekend. It's going to be a madhouse on Saturday. Unless there is something really special that couldn't wait, I don't know why they didn't bring you in next weekend. It would be much easier for everyone.

Last edited:
I can't believe they want you to do a shoot on Memorial Day weekend. It's going to be a madhouse.

Can't believe nobody has yet recommended you grab a meal and frosty beverage at O'Connell's. Its a Huntington Beach institution.

http://www.hboconnells.com/

one of their smoking hot waitrons got these all the way in her mouth

SQUEAK!!
hqdefault.jpg

Back