• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Huntington Beach recs

ImTheCaptain

I disagree with you
Reaction score
What up, nerds. My wife and i are in the OC for a few days for work and could use some restaurant and activity recs. I think we’d like to check out Catalina if that’s logistically plausible.

Thanks in advance.

Love
ITC

It's easiest to go to Catalina from Newport rather than Long Beach. I think it's called the Catalina Flyer from Newport Beach. It's not the calmest ride from either place. It will cost about $70 RT. Check online for coupons. There are often some available.

Where are you staying?

Most places in HB are less fancy.

If you want a view, Duke's at the pier has that, the food is OK but the view is forever. If you are going walk around Main Street and the beach. Valet parking at Duke's is a good idea,

The Black Trumpet is fun, tapas and more. Definitely a locals place. The owner also has a storefront Italian place called Mona Lisa.

25 degrees is a funky locals place. Check out the bacon wrapped dates. Right off of Main Street about a block from the pier.

Slapfish is a new place. It's been very hot.

Right off the beach on Beach Blvd. is a locals' monument - Los Barcas. LB is a storefront Mexican place that have been around for 35+ years. Only beer and wine.

The Water Table at the Hyatt is a high end place and is quite good.

Last edited:
Why are you such a little pissant? Hundreds of my posts and you find a mistake to make yourself look superior. You don't do it for anyone else when they make mistakes.

We were just in Laguna Beach yesterday. Now in Marina Del Ray.

Why are you such a little pissant? Hundreds of my posts and you find a mistake to make yourself look superior. You don't do it for anyone else when they make mistakes.

Yes i do.

Laguna could be a nice or evening. Lots of galleries. Nice beach walk. It's about a 30 minute drive down PCH...don't take the freeway.

If you go there, Las Brisas has incredible views and good Mexican food. It also has a good brunch. Across the street from Las Brisas is The Cottage which is also very good for brunch.

Selanne's is one of the better steakhouses in OC. Yep, it's owned by future NHL Hall of Famer Teemu Selanne.

isn't being a pedant the thing betterphan is known for? what are you talking about?

The trip to Catalina takes about two hours each way. You can rent a golf cart to see more of the island. There are bison but virtually no cars on the island.

Here's a great example from about thirty seconds ago: https://www.ogboards.com/forums/sho...oved-Arsenal-Free-(NWT)?p=3086222#post3086222

Also, i got WakeandBake good yesterday or the day before. Let's see if DV7 responds by calling me a pissant and accusing me of searching his posts for mistakes.

Why are you making this thread about me? and about your insatiable need to feel superior over total BS.

It's about helping someone else.

Why are you making this thread about me? and about your insatiable need to feel superior over total BS.

It's about helping someone else.

I'm not pointing out how often you inexplicably forget to include verbs to feel superior to you or anyone else. I'm utterly fascinated.

Just like I'm interested in why Lectro randomly loves Northrup Frye but hates Derrida, or why Birdman hates theology, or what ELC's married life is like, or why Knight is obsessed with poop, or why any weirdo on these boards does anything.

isn't being a pedant the thing betterphan is known for? what are you talking about?
Making observations about other posters and pointing out idiosyncrasies in people's writing is basically 99% of betterphan posts. Hardly ever offers up any real takes about anything. I get where RJ is coming from (minus the over-the-top always-the-victim dramatics).

Making observations about other posters and pointing out idiosyncrasies in people's writing is basically 99% of betterphan posts. Hardly ever offers up any real takes about anything. I get where RJ is coming from (minus the over-the-top always-the-victim dramatics).

And yet when Sokolove pretty much only bumps old rj threads or reposts old rj posts in other threads, that’s fine to you.

Sipping a Mai Tai at Duke's while enjoying the view is good for the soul. Even better if consumed with an edible.

Pedantic grammar wars are good and easy to win.

Back