• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Hurricans & Bobcats to Switch Arenas

Seems like a slap in the face to the local fans to play the Heat in Raleigh. I guess that worked out best for booking the RBC Center, but if I was a season ticket holder, I'd be pissed.

Meh, just preseason it looks like. No biggie.

Oh, didn't pay attention to the dates.

Don't know why they don't play 1 regular season game in GSO a year. Seems like it would generate some revenue.

Pretty cool idea. It probably wouldn't be feasible, but it would be interesting if they someday figured out a way to do this several times a season. Would screw the really loyal season-ticket holders and also be a pain for the players/staff, but it would be a cool way to involve the whole state.

Pretty cool idea. It probably wouldn't be feasible, but it would be interesting if they someday figured out a way to do this several times a season. Would screw the really loyal season-ticket holders and also be a pain for the players/staff, but it would be a cool way to involve the whole state.

Didn't the Cougars of the ABA try that? Seem to remember reading that in my favorite sports book of all time, Loose Balls

I was born in Seattle in the mid-late 80's, and the Sonics would play some of their big games in the Kingdome each season instead of what eventually became Key Arena (forget what it was called then).

For some reasons I remember them playing a few in Tacoma as well, but I could be making that up.

Barnstorming around the state would probably be fun for the fans, but I'm sure the teams would hate it. I'm curious - do you think the Bobcats would actually sell out the coliseum for a regular season game? I'm not convinced they would.

It's going to be awfully dificult to play a basketball game in a hockey rink.

Didn't the Cougars of the ABA try that? Seem to remember reading that in my favorite sports book of all time, Loose Balls

The Carolina Cougars (Charlotte, Greensboro, Raleigh, Winston-Salem), The Floridians (Miami, Tampa, St. Pete, Jacksonville), and the Virginia Squires (Norfolk, Hampton, Richmond, Roanoke) were all ABA barnstormers.

Back