• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Hypocritical Wellman quotes

“Our fans will come back when the team wins,” Wellman said. “The fans who are disgruntled right now, I understand their disgruntlement. We’re not winning as much as they want to win. And they want the same thing as I want. And they’ll come back when our team wins. So we just have to win, and we will do that eventually.”

Unbelievable!

There's a Journal article where Wellman says he and Bz lost touch until Bz came to scout a game at the Joel. It comes up in google when you search for Wellman [Redacted] "close friends" but the article was taken down.

Anybody remember when he said Bz came to scout? Curious because it may have been after Bz' son played in that tournament.

the internet detectives around here amaze me. We literally find out on this thread that [Redacted]'s son played in a wake sponsored golf tourney in 2004 and just like dad, finished dead last. ANd 7 strokes behind next to last so it wasn't even close. Well done. Slow Clap.

the internet detectives around here amaze me. We literally find out on this thread that [Redacted]'s son played in a wake sponsored golf tourney in 2004 and just like dad, finished dead last. ANd 7 strokes behind next to last so it wasn't even close. Well done. Slow Clap.

Crazily enough, I posted that link before Bz coached his first game at Wake.

The cronyism on this deal reeked long before Stetson.

Yeah the cronyism defense was "we haven't been close friends since the 80s...only the last several years".

RW needs to get out more and to make better friends so we can get a quality coach in here to turn this thing around now and not "eventually." :mad:

That cronyism is also the reason he won't fire him. Ron convinced bzz to leave his job in CO and come to Wake, now he just can't turn his back on his buddy and fire him. Loyalty and all that.

I wasn't all that vehemently WellmanOut until the recent decision to continue paying one of the worst coaches in Wake history to actively destroy our program. I mistakenly gave him the benefit of doubt that he'd simply made a poor choice/mistake.

Now its clear to me that our Athletic Director has zero competency, zero credibility, and zero intention to improve Wake Forest athletics and make sound decisions on behalf of students, faculty, and alumni. It's simply mind boggling what a disaster this has become. If it weren't for the high quality education I received, I would be undoubtedly ashamed to call myself a Wake Forest alumnus.

Interesting that one of the kids who tied for 1st in that tourney was Peter Uihlein, erstwhile winner of the US Amateur and current fledgling touring pro on the European Tour with full-time status on the Challenge Tour overseas. Interesting that he chose to go to Europe, but he must've failed to get his card at the last Q-School last fall. I reckon we'll be seeing more of him as the years progress.

Last edited:
Back