• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

I almost feel bad

Smidge

Reaction score
Tonight at dinner my friends and I were seated just a few feet away from good old Jeff and Nina and neither had much to say to each other all night. One of my friends pointed them out as a couple they thought were probably going through a divorce. But I know the truth, Jeff knows his days are clearly numbered and even his wife is sick of this shit

[Redacted] is complicit in this nightmare, so you shouldn't even approach feeling bad.

I'd order him shots until he was black out drunk. Then I'd jump in front of his car and have him charges with vehicular manslaughter.

Guy's cashing million dollar checks. Why would you feel bad for the guy?

I could maybe feel bad for him if he weren't such a dick. He has never tried to endear himself to the fan base, he regularly throws players under the bus, and he didn't take responsibility for his shortcomings and failures until someone in the athletic department coached him up on that matter.

I'd feel bad for him if he didn't come across as such an ass.

He has married up in his career for a couple decades... I hope he did on the marital side as well.

I could maybe feel bad for him if he weren't such a dick. He has never tried to endear himself to the fan base, he regularly throws players under the bus, and he didn't take responsibility for his shortcomings and failures until someone in the athletic department coached him up on that matter.

Beat me to it and better stated.

Yeah, also getting paid over a mil a year to suck at your job doesn't exactly scream for pity. Hopefully it will be over for everyone soon.

I agree that Bz shares some responsibility but you get offered a big job for big money most people take it. Wellman and those who enable him bear more of the blame.

Yeah, also getting paid over a mil a year to suck at your job doesn't exactly scream for pity. Hopefully it will be over for everyone soon.

I agree that Bz shares some responsibility but you get offered a big job for big money most people take it. Wellman and those who enable him bear more of the blame.

Sure, but why does Smidge have to "almost feel bad" because of this fact. A man approaching 60 should know his professional limitations. He should know that navigating a Big 4 ACC school through the calm waters of a weak ACC is beyond his ability considering his failures in the weaker Big 12. Am I wrong, or am I so right that Wellman used this as his sales pitch?

Not entirely his fault. He never should have been offered the job.

This x 1,000.

With apologies to my friend Ph, it's not his fault. It really isn't. Bzz is like the Norv Turner/Wade Phillips of basketball coaches. Some Great B's make Dreadful A's.

I feel really bad for the guy, to be honest. He's failing publicly, his wife hates it, and his own fan base is pulling against him. Hate the sin, not the sinner, you know? The guy wanted to come to Wake Forest and win. There are worse things in life.

And some of you guys need to appreciate how counterproductive the Buzz-hate schtick really is. Tired, immature, beneath you, unnecessary and frankly unhelpful.

Last edited:
I can't imagine this is hitting him too hard.

He got the AF job by calling about the opening, which he supposedly saw mentioned in the paper, while he was at the hospital with his sick son.

Maybe that was just one of his ridiculous anecdotes, but he had plenty of time before he moved to Winston-Salem to realize that he was in way over his head.

Unlike most of us, he dealt with that nagging thought while being compensated to the tune of $1MM a year. I don't blame him at all for taking the job. I blame Ron Wellman for giving it to him and I blame Ron Wellman even more for retaining him after it became blatantly obvious this was a failed experiment.

Bz has been playing with house money ever since he was named the interim coach in Denver.

6th and vine. His daughter later joined the family and Bzz instantly left like he had better things to do.

She's a looker or sure.
But he just looked miserable. I almost felt bad guys.

I mean had I seen skip or Dino out in public I would have been googley eyes and heart struck just in their presence...
Like this celebrity and important person.
I would have wanted to shake their hand!
Now Im jus like damn, this is the truth.

I almost feel bad!

Back