• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

I am launching a new company within the next couple of weeks, here is the demo.

How about this business idea? Movemyshit.com. You take a massive dump, then pay someone to pluck it out of the toilet and move it somewhere. You could move it to an ex girlfriend's house, to the mall food court, make a poop dollar, attach some explosives to it and have a dirty bomb, etc.

bowelmovers.com has this market locked up.

I actually googled that and was about to lose a great deal of faith in humanity if it existed.

I have a lot of contacts within the industry, ( my father is a truck driver and runs a small company of 10 people).

3626908_700b.jpg

Pricing decision is amateur. Either do a percent or subscription, not both. Which is truly your business model?

since you never fucking called me - here

a) You do not need to show how a user signs up for an account in a demo..
b) You need music (you can buy royalty free music online)
c) you need tits (fuck youtube, you need to put this baby on youjizz... what do you think truck drivers do? including father deac11)
d) for more feedback $9.99

since you never fucking called me - here

a) You do not need to show how a user signs up for an account in a demo..
b) You need music (you can buy royalty free music online)
c) you need tits (fuck youtube, you need to put this baby on youjizz... what do you think truck drivers do? including father deac11)
d) for more feedback $9.99

AGREED. MOAR TITS.

not a bad idea, good luck. i would have 2 important pieces of advice: 1. Invest a lot more money in the website design. It looks cheap and when people think cheap, they are going to think you are not legit, 2. Invest more money in the logo to make it look more professional.

I like the idea and I hope this doesn't offend you but the logo and website look like they were designed by a 5th grader. If you can improve these 2 aspects of your business, I think it is a good service you are providing. As a company that would use a service like this, I would definitely be more likely to use it if the site/company had a more professional look to it.

not a bad idea, good luck. i would have 2 important pieces of advice: 1. Invest a lot more money in the website design. It looks cheap and when people think cheap, they are going to think you are not legit, 2. Invest more money in the logo to make it look more professional.

I like the idea and I hope this doesn't offend you but the logo and website look like they were designed by a 5th grader. If you can improve these 2 aspects of your business, I think it is a good service you are providing. As a company that would use a service like this, I would definitely be more likely to use it if the site/company had a more professional look to it.

The UX isn't that bad. Less can be more. It definitely has some room for improvement in places, and I'm not a huge fan of the logo, but I think with his target market it's more important to have a website that's easy to use and responsive.

Also, twitter bootstrap FTW.

and a hooker page.....have an adult services options....truckers love their hookers.

they're called lot lizards in the parliance of our times. don't fuck that up or the truckers will sniff you out and know you're either a narc or a noob. they can smell a dwarf from a mile away.

The UX isn't that bad. Less can be more. It definitely has some room for improvement in places, and I'm not a huge fan of the logo, but I think with his target market it's more important to have a website that's easy to use and responsive.

Also, twitter bootstrap FTW.

I have to agree with this. The simplicity is a benefit based on the likely clientale. With that said, I would still work on the logo. Get some color in it and make it look less like a hand drawn image. You want something that will stand out, not only on the website but in print, etc.

I have to agree with this. The simplicity is a benefit based on the likely clientale. With that said, I would still work on the logo. Get some color in it and make it look less like a hand drawn image. You want something that will stand out, not only on the website but in print, etc.
I've seen some comments about the logo and I think some of the issues may be with the resolution of the video. I have a higher quality image for comparison. (This is the same one used in the video) I have zero intention of changing it, because I like it.

Last edited:
I've seen some comments about the logo and I think some of the issues may be with the resolution of the video. I have a higher quality image for comparison. (This is the same one used in the video) I have zero intention of changing it, because I like it.

Then keep the logo but add color. That logo is fine on your website, but if you intend on doing any type of marketing, it just won't stand out. If you look at most companies logos, they design vertical logos and horizontal ones and then color logos and black and white.

If I were bouncing initial feedback off the wall in a boardroom my first comments would be:

-The name is an issue. Your target market doesn't want dolled up new-age lingo. On top of the actual word Freightify" immediately springs two other things to the front of my mind: 1- Fright and 2- Fireflies. Neither of which are what I think about when I think about truckers.

-The logo is a solid start (which I almost never admit)... I just have to question the use of the vertical bars. They look more like something out a prison than in the wheel of a truck. I'd see if you couldn't alter that; ultimately make the logo more clean and crisp and then find a color or two to use.

-I watched ~10 seconds of the video... when marketing (or even just communicating) to truckers, avoid using "HOORAY!" as your salutation at all costs.

I'm sure there are plenty of counter-points to my initial thoughts, so carry on

Hey guys:

I'm going to ask you for your advice and then tell you that you are wrong. Hooray!

Back