• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

I am ready for a fresh start. This hire is the chance to right a badly listing ship.

93Deac

Reaction score
Ironically, the one thing I hope this hire does is change the climage of WFU basketball. I'm over the inuendo, the use of PR as a weapon to mollify the BOT while fighting an agitated and frustrated fanbase, the distrust of the AD, and the lack of transparent and honest dialogue between the school and fans.

The last 8 years have been awful, starting with the nut punch, the loss to WVU and everything that followed. Wake's time in the doldrums has to come to an end. We've paid our dues. It's time to be relevant once more. If not, we are in trouble. At the end of the day, I firmly believe that our sports program is the best advertisement for Wake Forest. It costs far more to revive a moribund program than to maintain a good program, and at some point in this new era I fear that the economics to push for an upper tier bb team may not make sense to the administrators.

So here is my request to the AD's office: make this a fresh start. Erase the past. Hire out of exhilaration rather than fear. Hire a coach that excites us, brings in quality recruits, makes Oct-March enjoyable again. I just want, in most years, to be a reasonable contender for the ACC Tournament and the regular season crown and to have a decent chance at the sweet 16. I know this is beyond the reach of most programs. Historically, although Wake may not be Kentucky or Kansas, these milestones are not unreasonable. The structure is there, we just need the right coach.

In return, unlike the Buzz hire which I bitched about from day 1, i won't complain about this hire, no matter my initial feelings, until his impact on the program becomes clear in light of these milestones. Of course, make the right hire and this isn't even an issue...

In hindsight, Dave Odom's years with Childress, Roders and Duncan were glory years, as was Prosser's time with Howard and then Paul. I deeply wish we could have seen what he would have done with the Teague, JJ and Aminu class.

That is all.

how about making a fresh start including with the AD.

I thought millennials were the ones who thought they were special little snowflakes and that their voices should be heard separate from everybody else. Seems like it's all the old people who want to start new threads because their opinion is so much more important than all the other ones

LOL, maybe I'm just highly caffeinated this morning.

Or maybe other old people should get off their sympathetic period.

Having said that, I've complained- as has everybody else- about the culture charges.

But I haven't seen any discussion that the culture charges are themselves poisoning the culture.

93, you've got to have a fire before you can have a hire. You're getting ahead of yourself.

Having said that, I've complained- as has everybody else- about the culture charges.

But I haven't seen any discussion that the culture charges are themselves poisoning the culture.

Because the culture changes aren't real and are just an excuse by Wellman for a hiring a losing coach.

It was the start of the bad things happening. Correlation only, not association. Stop being a fuckwit.

It had nothing to do with anything. It's a crutch.

There was nothing really bad about it. Only Wake fans and a few State even remember it happened.

If not for a miracle game by WVU, we wouldn't be talking about any of this.

Because the culture changes aren't real and are just an excuse by Wellman for a hiring a losing coach.

No shit. And that perpetuating lie has seriously damaged our faith and belief in mother-so-dear. Don't you agree that is the basis for the REAL culture problem between the fans and the university?

It had nothing to do with anything. It's a crutch.

There was nothing really bad about it. Only Wake fans and a few State even remember it happened.

If not for a miracle game by WVU, we wouldn't be talking about any of this.

You will argue about the most trivial shit, won't you?

No shit. And that perpetuating lie has seriously damaged our faith and belief in mother-so-dear. Don't you agree that is the basis for the REAL culture problem between the fans and the university?

No, the real culture problem is that we are losing. That is it. Once we are winning games again, nobody will give a fuck about lies from the AD or "culture change"

Winning solves everything

Again, that is the point of my original post.

Not sure we had to disagree to get there.

Julius Hodge would probably disagree with that.

If CP3 really knocked him down like that with one short punch, Don King should setting up a bout between Chris and the Klitchko brothers.

The saddest people who saw that event were K and Forest. Had they know Hodge was that good at flopping and acting, they would have recruited him harder.

Again, that is the point of my original post.

Not sure we had to disagree to get there.

I was disagreeing with your point about the lie "damaging our faith and belief" in MSD. Nothing is really damaged for me. I just don't like losing.

I was disagreeing with your point about the lie "damaging our faith and belief" in MSD. Nothing is really damaged for me. I just don't like losing.

Huh, it sure is for me. And even if many fans don't care about how the university interacts with alumni, I know at least some donors do. Regardless of what Wellman or Hatch intend, or anybody else expects, I'm hoping for a gesture of some type in this hire that will also reset the climate. Another bullshit, broken door deal where we are treated like children that are fed pablum for their own good will be a fail.

It was the start of the bad things happening. Correlation only, not association. Stop being a fuckwit.

The nut punch was the cause of Paul not playing in the ACC tournament game leading to the #2 seed and the matchup with West Virginia.

Back