• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

I can't deal with this all season...what band wagon can I jump on?

slickdeac

Reaction score
I am 24. Both my parents, my brother, my aunt, my grandfather, and I went to WF. My grandfather taught at WF for 40+ years. I have watched every Wake game I could since I was a kid. I was strangely attached as a kid to the 4-7, 3-8, 5-7 teams in the late 90s, early 2000s. It's clearly not the wins and losses that are bothering me but the effort by the coaches and athletic department. The 4-7s of the early 2000s didn't feel as miserable because we were 1) in close games, 2) showing tremendous effort

I'll never move on from wake, but this is the first time I've ever considered having a secondary team. Until now, it's been Wake and no one else.

So, what band wagon should I jump on?

Personal Options:

1. UGA: Grew up in GA
2. Michigan: Grandfather went to grad school here, so loosely affiliated.
3. Louisville: Going to be in ACC next year

Y'all choose. I'll cheer.

South Carolina. Spurrier is the man. Jump on the Cock bandwagon.

I am 24. Both my parents, my brother, my aunt, my grandfather, and I went to WF. My grandfather taught at WF for 40+ years. I have watched every Wake game I could since I was a kid. I was strangely attached as a kid to the 4-7, 3-8, 5-7 teams in the late 90s, early 2000s. It's clearly not the wins and losses that are bothering me but the effort by the coaches and athletic department. The 4-7s of the early 2000s didn't feel as miserable because we were 1) in close games, 2) showing tremendous effort

I'll never move on from wake, but this is the first time I've ever considered having a secondary team. Until now, it's been Wake and no one else.

Personal Options:

My law degree is from UGA, but I've never been a UGA sports fan because I never really had any social experience with them and I generally don't like SEC sports. But since Wake has let it be known publicly that their priority isn't winning games, I've been trying to gin up the interest in UGA football. It'll never match what I have/had for Wake sports, but like you I need some kind of bandwagon to jump on just to sustain interest in college football. So yeah, I'd vote that you adopt UGA with me.

My law degree is from UGA, but I've never been a UGA sports fan because I never really had any social experience with them and I generally don't like SEC sports. But since Wake has let it be known publicly that their priority isn't winning games, I've been trying to gin up the interest in UGA football. It'll never match what I have/had for Wake sports, but like you I need some kind of bandwagon to jump on just to sustain interest in college football. So yeah, I'd vote that you adopt UGA with me.

With you on the SEC thing. Forever, I've been the ACC representative amongst my SEC arrogant friends. That's who I am leaning towards as well.

Anyone else joining Lohengrin and me on UGA secondary bandwagon? Plenty of room.

I'm already there- my BIL went there so our house has adopted UGA as our SEC program.

My second team has always been Michigan. Not that I'm recommending it. Plenty of fail in Ann Arbor in recent years.

Im all over Clemson's. Don't care that they are in Wake's division. Really doesn't matter.

My second team is Notre Dame. Long story, but I went to Wake in the Caldwell era while Lou holtz was at ND and I enjoyed cheering for them.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 4

Colorado.

They were 1-11 last year but it might be an interesting season to follow... they hired Mike Macintyre (who was awesome at SJSU) & his teams are entertaining to watch. Maybe my favorite coach in CFB right now.

They won their rivalry game with Colorado State last week in Mile-High Stadium and play Central Arkansas (+13.5) tonight at 8 p.m.

Since they've already reached their win-total from last year, you can hop on the bandwagon in week 2 knowing that any additional win is just gravy.

Jump on the Temple bandwagon with me. It's where I graduated from. My college sports life sucks. I became a Wake fan at 11 living in PA and graduated from Temple. College football Saturdays suck...... But in all honesty, jump on the UGA bandwagon. I have them in this college football pool for the year and will be following them. I don't see how they don't make the SEC title game with a shot at knocking out Bama for the BCS bid.

Jump on the Temple bandwagon with me. It's where I graduated from. My college sports life sucks. I became a Wake fan at 11 living in PA and graduated from Temple. College football Saturdays suck...... But in all honesty, jump on the UGA bandwagon. I have them in this college football pool for the year and will be following them. I don't see how they don't make the SEC title game with a shot at knocking out Bama for the BCS bid.

SCAR says not so fast, my friend.

But as to the OP, I'll be following FSU (undergrad) more closely than I have in recent years.

Colorado.

They were 1-11 last year but it might be an interesting season to follow... they hired Mike Macintyre (who was awesome at SJSU) & his teams are entertaining to watch. Maybe my favorite coach in CFB right now.

They won their rivalry game with Colorado State last week in Mile-High Stadium and play Central Arkansas (+13.5) tonight at 8 p.m.

Since they've already reached their win-total from last year, you can hop on the bandwagon in week 2 knowing that any additional win is just gravy.

Not a chance. We've done them more than enough favors already.

Slick,
Your grandfather was such a good man. Visited with him a few weeks before he passed away. Proud of his grandkids. Loved his WF sports. You obviously do also. It will be a while but we will have fun at WF games again one day.

Personal Options:

First of all who the hell takes another conference team to pull for if they didn't go there in the first place? Clemson? Really? Come on.

Second of all...Colorado is only a 13.5 favorite over Central Arkansas? Wow.

Alabama football/Duke basketball

My wife graduated from ECU so they are always someone I pull for. Right now they appear to be better than Wake in football and basketball. How sad is that?

Back