• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

"I didn’t think I’d ever leave the CIA. But because of Trump, I quit."

"What we have to do is bitch slap the Republican Party and get those guys heeding to, and if we have to to take it over."

This seems like a democrat who wanted to make trump look bad. Bunch of meh really. Trump sucks, but stuff like this doesn't stick. It just emboldens his believers because it is so obviously 'trumped' up 'evidence'.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How so? "Bannon is a white nationalist" isn't a political take.

Of course it is. All that crap about Breitbart, which was founded by a Jew, being a white nationalist site is bunk. Nor did they have any crazy editorial change once Bannon took over.

"The CIA taught me new skills and exposed me to new cultures and countries. More important, it instilled in me a sense of mission and purpose. As an analyst, I became an expert in terrorist groups and traveled the world to help deter and disrupt attacks. The administrations of George W. Bush and Barack Obama took the CIA’s input seriously. There was no greater reward than having my analysis presented to the president and seeing it shape events. Intelligence informing policy — this is how the system is supposed to work. I saw that up close for the past three years at the White House, where I worked on loan from the CIA until last month."

Just a spokesman...good call.

Dude worked there for 11 years (not 15 as previously indicated). Hardly irreplaceable.

I don't blame him for being miffed at Trump and the dumb shit he says, but I can't say I blame Trump either. The CIA isn't used to being dressed down, so they act like this guy and quit or they go an engage in political subterfuge and war against their boss. More should probably resign like this guy, except not write an article acting like they matter. Seriously, why does the opinion of an 11 year employee even matter? Because the WaPo is eager to act like it does. This guy did analyst work for a few years, then sucked dick to become a spokesman. He had no interest in the grunt work once he did it, which is why he moved on. People like that are a dime a dozen in DC.

It's amazing to me that Trump supporters are so quick to denigrate this guys service. You can argue whether or not he should quit given the current environment but to say his perspective doesn't matter is ridiculous. Not to mention you're completely glossing over the fact that the current administration is clearly having a negative impact on one of our most importantninstitutions.

Of course it is. All that crap about Breitbart, which was founded by a Jew, being a white nationalist site is bunk. Nor did they have any crazy editorial change once Bannon took over.

Founded by Jew - can't be a white nationalist site now.

Bannon himself said that Breitbart is a platform for the alt-right. Is this really the hill you want to die on, fellas?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2016/11/15/can-you-name-one-white-nationalist-article-at-breitbart-challenge-accepted/?utm_term=.fb7973cfef6a

It's amazing to me that Trump supporters are so quick to denigrate this guys service. You can argue whether or not he should quit given the current environment but to say his perspective doesn't matter is ridiculous. Not to mention you're completely glossing over the fact that the current administration is clearly having a negative impact on one of our most importantninstitutions.

Can you imagine how different they'd react if an 11 year CIA guy quit on Obama?

I hope that the people trying to make this a mountain look back and realize this isn't even an ant hill. This is what trivializes your message. I am sure plenty of conservative operatives somewhere In Our vast military complex quit after Obama was elected for political reasons. It happens. It isn't a big deal. I am not denigrating his service at all and I don't blame him for leaving. I just don't think it is meaningful in the least bit.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

pretty much

this everything, no matter how trivial and inconsequential, is bad with Trump constitutes just about the dumbest argument around, and the left-libs can't seem to understand that, much less avoid it, or suppress the urge to engage in it

I rarely pay attention to the tags but millennial quits job is classic.

Back