• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

I feel sorry for the defensive kids

Once again....the genius coaches didn't rotate d linemen nearly at all. 4 DE played and 2 NG I didn't see them so it must have been late in the game after I quit watching that the Banks, Garcia and Floyd got in. Tylor harris, our biggest and one our most talented D linemen didn't see the field. At the end when BC was really gashing them in the run game everyone was just worn out. We have to rotate players in the front 7 to keep them fresh!!

Unless T Harris is injured there is no reason for him not to get significant snaps. He played a bunch last year and played pretty well. In fact I think he should start at one of the d end spots.

This defense will likely be better than 85th in the country. The rush defense was pretty bad last night though, especially since it appeared that they consistently just ran that off tackle to the right side pretty much all night on first down.

Our d is not built to handle BC and ND offenses. We are fast and get to the ball. If a team runs it off tackle the entire game to beat us then 90% of the teams will be playing away from their strength. You have to get ahead of those teams on the scoreboard, and they can't do that to us.

We have talent on d. But we are never going to be a run stuffing type team.

Regarding this discussion, I note that Wake won time of possession, so the offense's ineptitude didn't place the defense on the field longer than BC's defense. The defense is better than the offense, but only by comparison. I think we'll see this defense pretty well eviscerated as the season progresses, sometimes as a result of offensive futility, but sometimes not. We just aren't a good football team, period. Not enough ACC-caliber players and poor coaching.

Once again....the genius coaches didn't rotate d linemen nearly at all. 4 DE played and 2 NG I didn't see them so it must have been late in the game after I quit watching that the Banks, Garcia and Floyd got in. Tylor harris, our biggest and one our most talented D linemen didn't see the field. At the end when BC was really gashing them in the run game everyone was just worn out. We have to rotate players in the front 7 to keep them fresh!!

Exactly. Defensive line played very well, but got worn out towards the end due to never being rotated. Linebackers seemed adequate, Marshall was up and down. Only major liability (that I noticed) was Janvion, who looked like he'd never seen a play-action pass before last night, and got trucked on one of Williams's runs.

Regarding this discussion, I note that Wake won time of possession, so the offense's ineptitude didn't place the defense on the field longer than BC's defense. The defense is better than the offense, but only by comparison. I think we'll see this defense pretty well eviscerated as the season progresses, sometimes as a result of offensive futility, but sometimes not. We just aren't a good football team, period. Not enough ACC-caliber players and poor coaching.

We won time of possession because we ran the playclock down to 2 or 3 seconds on every down. (Grobe's philosophy of limiting the other team's possessions worked so well for us last night.)

We won time of possession because we ran the playclock down to 2 or 3 seconds on every down. (Grobe's philosophy of limiting the other team's possessions worked so well for us last night.)

We held something like a 9 minute to 2 minute TOP advantage after the first 11 minutes if the game, for the last 49 minutes of game time we lost TOP. The defense was put on the field too much and in bad positions.

the only reason we won the first 11 minutes of TOP was b/c BC had a short field and scored quickly.

Back