• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

I Go to Duke, Do I Have to Care About Basketball?

Duke BS whining...

tenor.gif

Duke alums care a lot more about basketball than Wake alums. We are pathetic losers who can't even build the proper stadium.

This thread is a joke. It is all that is wrong with Wake Forest. While we suffer from our self-inflicted wounds, we make fun of a few liberal commies at Duke--while we have just as many at Wake.

First World problems.

I went to Wake. I desperately want to care about basketball again.

Yeah. The Wake version would be "I Go to Wake. Do We Have a Basketball Team?"

Duke alums care a lot more about basketball than Wake alums. We are pathetic losers who can't even build the proper stadium.

This thread is a joke. It is all that is wrong with Wake Forest. While we suffer from our self-inflicted wounds, we make fun of a few liberal commies at Duke--while we have just as many at Wake.

I know this is a basketball thread, but considering the shit hole their football team has played in for decades and just recently has Duke starting trying to make it somewhat better, I wouldn’t accuse us of not knowing how to build a proper “stadium” in comparasion to Duke.

17476675-1.jpg

I am more worried about the captain and sailors of the ship than the harbor it sits in.

Get over it dude. For the love of god just move on.

I know this is a basketball thread, but considering the shit hole their football team has played in for decades and just recently has Duke starting trying to make it somewhat better, I wouldn’t accuse us of not knowing how to build a proper “stadium” in comparasion to Duke.

Good point. I actually agree with DR that we should build the nicest 8k arena in the country (I know he says 7k, I think that's a bit small). Before doing that I'd like to see I just don't see why we can't have that at the current location. But I digress.

Perhaps the best example of what DR wants to do is our current football stadium. It's perfect for Wake, and probably the nicest college stadium in NC, although Carter Finley is the best environment. If our students showed up it would be downright perfect.

I actually enjoyed this. I've wondered about the indoctrination of those nerds. Good to know at least one has avoided it.

The bass fishing shade on VT is well done.

i

Good point. I actually agree with DR that we should build the nicest 8k arena in the country (I know he says 7k, I think that's a bit small). Before doing that I'd like to see I just don't see why we can't have that at the current location. But I digress.

Perhaps the best example of what DR wants to do is our current football stadium. It's perfect for Wake, and probably the nicest college stadium in NC, although Carter Finley is the best environment. If our students showed up it would be downright perfect.

We never should have left the old Memorial Coliseum. It was a 8,200 quonset hut of an gym. Bad lighting, filled with smoke, a true home court advantage.

Get over it dude. For the love of god just move on.

Not moving on. Losers like typical Wake alums just go along and get along so as not to rock the boat. Not ok. Our boat needs to be flipped over. Never moving on.

Back