• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

I just have to start an unnecessary new thread to ask...

scooter84

Jack Campbell
Reaction score
Our basketball team is terrible, but, just how LOL horrible would we be without Coron Williams? Coron Williams, a fifth-year transfer from freaking Robert Morris or Randolph Macon or Emory and Henry or some such place! Good lord!

How horrible? Just watch next season.

Wake would be bad with Coron. Same with Travis. Both guys are the only somewhat efficient offensive players on the team.

I like Coron. He did help us be respectable this year. We would have been VT bad without him.

Our basketball team is terrible, but, just how LOL horrible would we be without Coron Williams? Coron Williams, a fifth-year transfer from freaking Robert Morris or Randolph Macon or Emory and Henry or some such place! Good lord!

If anything, I think this is an under-discussed issue (especially in comparison to the other talking points).

I think Coron being a good player on-and-off the court shields some criticism but the situation (in discussing the goals of the program) is pretty hilarious considering Dino taking heat for recruiting another kind of one-and-dones.

The decision to take on a fifth-year transfer in a 'win or move on' season for a coach after 4 years of RW claiming everything is going according to plan and having to hear the "rock solid foundation" line come out of Bz's mouth after every debacle is a major, major red-flag. I guess the fact that RW & Bz have waved so many of those makes this one get lost in the crowd.

I like Coron, maybe more than just about any players we've had under Bzzz. Wish it was for more than one year.

What status is Coron academically? Is he in a grad program or did he graduate from U-grad yet?
I get the football rule and the basketball rule confused. If in fact they ARE different.

[Redacted] is already recruiting the next Loren Woods to save us. When he's coaching next year, of course.

Isn't Randolph-Macon a ladies' college?

Randolph-Macon Women's College in Lynchburg has been renamed Randolph College and is now coed I believe .
R-MC (alma mater of Gregg Marshall) is in Ashland and has always been coed AFAIK.

It's confusing. There's also a Randolph Macon Academy in an entirely different part of the state.

Back