• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

I know Wellman doesnt care about the fans, but the players deserve better.

i really can't believe how this has played out. bzzdick has been here for 2 years and we still show no signs of progress. i am sure wellman is going to give him another year but it just seems completely illogical given the current lack of support that our coach has among the fanbase. even if we win a few more games next year, i don't see the donors jumping up and down about having this douche as our coach.

My question is this....Will Wake fans come back next year to support the incoming frosh, in hopes that they CAN begin to right the ship? I want to think we will, because it can only help to see the support in the stands. God knows CJ and Travis deserve it. Will the fans come back next year to start the season, or will progress by way of WINS be the only way to see more fans? Or........will it simply take firing Bzz?

I guess what I'm really getting at is.....if Shaka Smart were hired this summer, what would the Joel look like on opening night?

My question is this....Will Wake fans come back next year to support the incoming frosh...

Of course - until we lose to Towson by 14 at home.

If Shaka was hired, I imagine you would see a pretty full house there to see what the new staff could do. With Bzzdick staying, the only way fans will come back is if we start the season off hot and win several games. Otherwise, I really don't see people making much of an effort to come out and see the same old crap product.

I'd walk to the home opener if Shaka got hired this summer.

I'd be moving Shaka's furniture into his house for him. As soon as I got done moving Buzz's furniture out. If it got him out of town quicker, I would help.

He'll never own up to how dead fucking wrong he was about Chennault.

He just does not understand that there are two places you will find the "[Redacted] Zone". It is found on Kenpom beginning around the 150 ranking. But it is also the place where a player finds himself while under the influence of Buzz's coaching. It limit's a player to about 60% of his true capability.

Apparently the old UNC-Greensboro coach had that "talent" as well...

bzzz is being judged based on what happens in the 12/13 season.
if he doesnt show improvement then he's on the hot seat.
these last 2 years were to wipe the slate clean.

improvement being 7-9 conference wins. maybe an upset of a top 3 ACC team as a bonus

This makes ABSOLUTELY NO SENSE! Why haven't his teams already showed improvement? You think that going 7-9 is acceptable? Buzz is a LOSER and will NEVER be accepted. He is a WASTE of time! BTW, I think next year is an 18 game conference schedule.

My question is this....Will Wake fans come back next year to support the incoming frosh, in hopes that they CAN begin to right the ship? NO I want to think we will, because it can only help to see the support in the stands. God knows CJ and Travis deserve it. Will the fans come back next year to start the season, ABSOLUTELY NOT or will progress by way of WINS be the only way to see more fans? Even that will not do it - no confidence. Or........will it simply take firing Bzz? Oh Heavens Yes! Get a new coach watch the ticket sales skyrocket!

I guess what I'm really getting at is.....if Shaka Smart were hired this summer, what would the Joel look like on opening night? PACKED!!!

Last edited:
thedeacfan -- minifrost is a Carolina fan, but I seem to recall he knows some high ups in the Deacon Club.

If we hired Shaka then I would crawl over hot coals to the Joel.

You're right with him (and less talent) healthy we won six more games this season than last. We won three more ACC games. We had less TOs/game. We held the opposition to almost seven fewer points than we did last year.

I know facts don't matter to the Tony haters, but they are the facts.

Next year he'll be a solid backup PG.

Post hoc, ergo propter hoc.

There were many factors at work that led to our "improvement" this year other than the existence of TC.

We beat less top-100 teams (2 in '11 / 1 in '12) and lost to more sub-100 teams (4 in '11 / 6 in '12)...

But, RJ... don't let facts get in your way.

Last edited:
Yes, our improvement was almost completely due to a much easier schedule.

We beat less top-100 teams (2 in '11 / 1 in '12) and lost to more sub-100 teams (8 in '11 / 10 in '12)...

But, RJ... don't let facts get in your way.

Are you suggesting that we were worse this year than last?

thedeacfan -- minifrost is a Carolina fan, but I seem to recall he knows some high ups in the Deacon Club.

Thanks... Maybe he will send the message "up" to his friends in the DC so they can get off their LOWF asses and CAN our useless excuse for as AD!

fairly sure the second one was supposed to be sub 200

something like that... i fixed it, i was typing two different things & combined the wrong parts...

top-100 wins (2) '11:
UVA
Iowa

sub-100 losses (4) '11:
Stetson
Winthrop
UNC-W
Presby

top-100 wins (1) in'11:
VT

sub-100 losses (6) in '12:
ASU