• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

I need a Job (12th edition)

wefinish

Reaction score
I am in need of a new f/t job doing just about anything...that doesn't necessarily require a college degree. While I have one, it is pretty much useless for making monies. I would love to use it later on down the road, but right now I just need a full-time job. I am a year out of college and still can't find a job to really settle into and I really need something because I am looking at marriage in my near future (pending a decent job/$ of course) Any help/leads would be appreciated.

I review a lot of applications at my work place. Let me give you some advice: (1) research the organization and job you are applying for and (2) write a very detailed and thoughtful cover letter that complements your CV.

Most applications that don't have a decent cover letter get trashed. This is because a resume doesn't explain anything about the person or their reason for applying for the position.

Good luck.

So, right now you are single and not working (but have the means to post on a message board), and you want a full time job so you can get married? You need to go back to school and get your priorities in order.

ABC- No. I have a full-time job and a part time job actually. My full time job though, I dread going to work everyday and have been there for going on a year and a half. The marriage comment was just a side comment saying that I would like something with a little more stability before stepping into marriage. Sorry for the confusion.

theytookourjobs.jpg

ABC- No. I have a full-time job and a part time job actually. My full time job though, I dread going to work everyday and have been there for going on a year and a half. The marriage comment was just a side comment saying that I would like something with a little more stability before stepping into marriage. Sorry for the confusion.

I was joking. Work, for the most part, sucks. "The dread" kicks in at different times, mostly depending on the person, the nature of the job, and the pay. But, it does kick in. It even kicks in when you are working for yourself - trust me on this one. But, in the end, that is the only way to go.

Good luck with the search.

I appreciate the serious responses. I know that the "dread" of work is an unfortunate reality. I just want to begin a career, and where I am now cannot provide that. I am just looking for something more of a career for a while instead of a vocation which I would consider what I have now. I know there are many things I can be mocked for on a post like this, but I am just trying to use as many resources as I can right now. Again thanks for all the serious responses.

Back