• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

I Saw Air Force 2 in Flight Today -- Pretty Cool

19deac92

You are a meathead.
Reaction score
I was driving from Winston to Greensboro today on I-40 at about 12:40. As I approached the PTI exit area, I saw a 747 that had just taken off. My attention was drawn quickly as you just don't see many 747s anymore.

As I watched it climb into the air, I noted that it did not belong to any airline that I recognized. Instead, it had the familiar but unique light blue and white paint scheme of Air Force 1 (I had even seen a documentary about Air Force 1 on the History Channel this weekend). I checked the internet after I got back to my office this afternoon and learned that the Vice President was visiting Davidson County today.

Anyhow, I thought it was cool that I got to see a symbol of our Nation like Air Force 2 today.

Did Joe open the door and invite you in for a ride?

Saw it land in Greensboro maybe a year ago.

Did Obama replace the American flag with a jihadist symbol?

A couple of months ago the space shuttle flew very slowly and very, very low around HB.

I used to live in Hampton Roads, and Air Force One would land at Langley with some regularity. I'm not sure why though.

I was driving from Winston to Greensboro today on I-40 at about 12:40. As I approached the PTI exit area, I saw a 747 that had just taken off. My attention was drawn quickly as you just don't see many 747s anymore.

As I watched it climb into the air, I noted that it did not belong to any airline that I recognized. Instead, it had the familiar but unique light blue and white paint scheme of Air Force 1 (I had even seen a documentary about Air Force 1 on the History Channel this weekend). I checked the internet after I got back to my office this afternoon and learned that the Vice President was visiting Davidson County today.

Anyhow, I thought it was cool that I got to see a symbol of our Nation like Air Force 2 today.

I work off 68 and it circled this area from before lunch to mid-afternoon. My understanding is they use PTI for pilot training/maintenance quite often.. maybe they coordinated Joe's visit this time, but you can catch it here every few months whether or not there's a leadership visit.

Back