• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

I take government handouts

and 87% of what you earn is a hell of a lot more than what you need versus 80% of what they earn.

Good-bye limited government! Now that we make policy based upon what my government thinks I need (rather than what I earned), it was nice knowing you!

Good-bye limited government! Now that we make policy based upon what my government thinks I need (rather than what I earned), it was nice knowing you!

The government makes decisions every day based on what it determines is in the best interest of its citizens. If you don't like the government's choices, you can vote for someone else. Granted, I feel like a citizen's vote is losing power thanks to special interest money, but this is the general idea.

The government makes decisions every day based on what it determines is in the best interest of its citizens. If you don't like the government's choices, you can vote for someone else. Granted, I feel like a citizen's vote is losing power thanks to special interest money, but this is the general idea.

I think you're starting to figure out why I prefer market-based solutions: my rights as a consumer >>>>>>>>>>>>> my voting power.

13% of what I earn is a helluva lot more than 20% of what they earn. And I hate our tax system anyways, so you can't put that on me.

Don't be so sure of that. I was a renter for a long time and paid a hefty tax bill.

Yes, send the government your paycheck. The a'chicks working there will let you know what you need and get it to you when you need it. If it doesn't work for you, you can start your own political party. It worked for the Libertarians.

Flat tax? Not a percentage, mind you. More like a dollar amount.

Yes, send the government your paycheck. The a'chicks working there will let you know what you need and get it to you when you need it. If it doesn't work for you, you can start your own political party. It worked for the Libertarians.

Or no taxes? What is your solution?

I think you're starting to figure out why I prefer market-based solutions: my rights as a consumer >>>>>>>>>>>>> my voting power.

Yes. Bank of America will be greatly upset when you take your business to Wells Fargo. They'll certainly change their policies.

Or no taxes? What is your solution?

More freedom, less government. If that doesn't work, add more freedom, and subtract more government. Repeat until people are free and government is reduced to its legitimate functions.

More freedom, less government. If that doesn't work, add more freedom, and subtract more government. Repeat until people are free and government is reduced to its legitimate functions.

Who decides what is "legitimate"?

Yes. Bank of America will be greatly upset when you take your business to Wells Fargo. They'll certainly change their policies.

The gays did it w/ Chick Fil A.

You know how you make rich people even richer? Make it possible for more poor and middle class people able to afford their goods and services.

Fortunately, prohibitively high taxes needed to pay for $4-5 trillion dollars of Federal services won’t impair middle class purchasing power.

Fortunately, prohibitively high taxes needed to pay for $4-5 trillion dollars of Federal services won’t impair middle class purchasing power.

Nobody is talking about prohibitively high tax rates. The only increases that are currently on the table is to put tax rates back where they weer during the Clinton Administration. Those rates certainly didn't stop economic growth.

Back