• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

I Thought Obama Had Hispanics In His Back Pocket?

He should have gone orange face for the interview.

Obama is finished.

Republicans would have a great chance to split and even gain a majority of Hispanics if we would just revise our hardline stance against illegal immigrants. I am fine for the build a wall, but it should be coupled with a 'welcome the people who are contributing right now to our society in a positive way' talk. Shut off the flow combined with integrate the already here. It is the only realistic method of handling the problem. Instead both sides do nothing, and the Republicans manage to piss off the Hispanic vote with hateful rhetoric. At least the Democrats are smart enough to know that if you aren't going to do anything anyway, you might as well talk a good game and welcome them to join your desire to talk big and do nothing.

Republicans are missing a game changer opportunity.

Does the term "think" really work with a DirtyDeac post?

Build a wall? Really? Is this medieval Europe? We're a global, modern society. There is no reason to build a wall.

I never understood why more people from Latin America (especially Mexico) don't fly or take a bus to the US. It's cheaper, less dangerous and you get deep into the US.

I never understood why more people from Latin America (especially Mexico) don't fly or take a bus to the US. It's cheaper, less dangerous and you get deep into the US.

Probably because flying has customs.

Get a passport. If you haven't committed any crimes, it's not that hard. The problem is many don't understand this.

“But it was a promise, Mr. President,” Univision reporter Jorge Ramos said. “This is very important, I don’t want it to get lost in translation. You promised that, and a promise is a promise and with all due respect, you didn’t keep that promise.”

Build a wall? Really? Is this medieval Europe? We're a global, modern society. There is no reason to build a wall.

Figurative. Stop/lessen the flow of illegal immigrants into the country. I would think it is pretty safe to say that we would all prefer for immigrants to enter this country legally rather than illegally. Republicans seem to only focus on stopping the flow, Democrats seem to merely focus on grabbing the Latino vote. Neither are doing a good job, but the Democrats are at least being intelligent with their inactivity.

“But it was a promise, Mr. President,” Univision reporter Jorge Ramos said. “This is very important, I don’t want it to get lost in translation. You promised that, and a promise is a promise and with all due respect, you didn’t keep that promise.”

Versus:

Self-deportation
I'll rescind Obama's Executive Order
I'll veto the Dream Act.

Yep, Romney has a shot at 30% of the Hispanic vote.

OOPS Mitt:

http://pollways.bangordailynews.com...ittle-bit-of-disrespect-and-fundraising-woes/
"As reporter McKay Coppins notes, “the enthusiasm gap may have been an optical illusion formed by a series of last-minute demands by the Romney campaign.”

Only students were supposed to attend the event.

But after exhausting the few conservative groups on campus, the Romney camp realized there weren’t enough sympathetic students to fill the stands on their night — so they told the network and university that if they weren’t given an exemption to the students-only rule, they might have to “reschedule.”

The organizers relented. One Democrat with ties to the Obama campaign noted that Rudy Fernandez, the university official charged with coordinating the forums, is a member of Romney’s Hispanic steering committee. Fernandez did not respond to BuzzFeed’s questions about whether he gave preferential treatment to Romney’s campaign.

In any case, Romney’s team was allowed to bus in rowdy activists from around southern Florida in order to fill the extra seats at their town hall."

"The noisiness of these activists, which broke the ground rules of the appearance, was what a Univision anchor called a “little bit of disrespect.” Romney himself almost refused to go on at the last minute because he didn’t like the introduction, which truthfully stated that that he had agreed to less time than Obama."

Poor Mitt wanted to take his ball and go home if he couldn't get what he wanted... WAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHH

Get a passport. If you haven't committed any crimes, it's not that hard. The problem is many don't understand this.

Wait....you want people to get a government-issued i.d.? Now all of a sudden it's easy? Somebody tell the RJ crying racism in the voter i.d. threads.....

:bowrofl:

*breathe, breathe, breathe*

:bowrofl:

The Obama administration clearly hoped that the Department of Justice’s Inspector General report on Operation Fast and Furious would be the last word on the scandal. which has been tied to hundreds of deaths in Mexico and the murders of two American law-enforcement officials. However, a new report from Univision to be broadcast tomorrow, previewed here by ABC News, may put the issue back on the front pages. One source called Univision’s findings the “holy grail” that Congressional investigators have been seeking:

http://hotair.com/archives/2012/09/29/video-univisions-bombshell-report-on-fast-furious/

Back