• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Ian Harkes wins the Hermann Trophy

Wake may never have a Heisman winner; but we have 2 Hermann Trophy winners. Not the same obviously, but it is a great achievement especially as the caliber of college soccer continues to improve.

Reactions: ONW
Wake may never have a Heisman winner; but we have 2 Hermann Trophy winners. Not the same obviously, but it is a great achievement especially as the caliber of college soccer continues to improve.

It's better. At least in my humble opinion. :thumbsup:

It's also more representative of the best player in the respective sport. The Heisman has become a joke. Lamar Jackson? Please.

It's better. At least in my humble opinion. :thumbsup:

It's also more representative of the best player in the respective sport. The Heisman has become a joke. Lamar Jackson? Please.

What players have been player of the year in the various sports at wake?

Women's tennis - Forgot name
Basketball - Duncan
Baseball -Craig
Soccer - Harkes and?
Field Hockey?
Golf?
Men's tennis - potentially soon.

Somone develop a list. Impressive for a school or size.

Didn't we have a few POY in golf: Strange, Watkins, Haas...maybe? I can't recall.

Congrats, Ian! Well-deserved and best of luck at the next level...

GO DEACS!

Kelly Dostal and Kelly Doton both won National POY in field hockey. I'm sure we've had some golfers.

Back