• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

If LeBron Played for Wake Right Now...

Ayo

What up, Bird?
Reaction score
Silly idea, but I like thinking hypothetically. Put LeBron in the old gold and black right now. What do you think our record would be?

even bzzzz could coach lbj. hell he made the playoffs with melo.

We'd be the best team in the country. More interesting question for me... what if it was the exact same team but Popovich was coaching them from the very first practice? Instead of the best player in the world, the best coach in the world. That's a pretty big coaching jump up from one of the worst.

Our offense would be sick guaranteed. Moto would be drilling wide open threes somehow. Codi and Devin would be dismantling teams with flawless PnR execution.

Last edited:
Watching LeBron jumping through the gym against college kids would be something I would pay good money to see.

We'd be the best team in the country. More interesting question for me... what if it was the exact same team but Popovich was coaching them from the very first practice? Instead of the best player in the world, the best coach in the world. That's a pretty big coaching jump up from one of the worst.

Does not compute. The best coach in the world didn't start winning until he had the best player in the world.

Here's a question for you. If you could pick one of the following to add to the roster as they were in their last year at Wake, which would you pick:

A. Tim Duncan
B. Chris Paul
C. Josh Howard and Darius Songaila
D. Justin Gray, Eric Williams, and Skip as head coach instead of Bz

Does not compute. The best coach in the world didn't start winning until he had the best player in the world.

Here's a question for you. If you could pick one of the following to add to the roster as they were in their last year at Wake, which would you pick:

A. Tim Duncan
B. Chris Paul

He coached one year before Tim without Robinson and they tanked on purpose. I watched him sit their best 3 players the other day against the Bulls on the road and beat the crap out of them. Ultimate system team, of course the GOAT PF didn't hurt.

As for the 2nd question, I'd go A. Shore up huge weaknesses and best player of all.

As they were in their last year at Wake? I'd take Tim Duncan. He was the NPOY and him and Thomas inside would absolutely ball. Chris Paul is awesome but it's tough to facilitate a team like ours who doesn't shoot the ball particularly well.

That's a good question.

I'd go A, B, D, C

As weak as post players are in this ACC, Tim Duncan would put up huge numbers.

22 year old Tim Duncan would almost have a LeBronish impact on this ACC/CBB.

In that scenario, its Tim Duncan and no one else. A big man with refined post skills like that in today's game would destroy every ACC defense (and offense for that matter).

Duncan is averaging 17, 9.6, 3, and 3 as a 36 year old in the NBA. 36 year old Tim Duncan would have a LeBronish impact. He would exert minimal energy in doing so too through his footwork and bank shot ability.

A. Tim Duncan
B. Chris Paul

I'd pick D. and tell Skip to go to a cardiologist.

I mean that in the most earnest, most serious way.

I'd go A, C, B, D.

Duncan is Duncan. He'd turn this team into a contender.

Josh and Darius would be what we desperately need Travis and Devin to be which would free up Travis and Devin to be what they are. Senior Josh put a young team on his back.

We saw what Paul did with players better than these. Besides CJ, this team would squander his assists.

Tim averaged 37 mpg, 21 and 15 on 61% shooting as a senior in 1996-1997. That was a superior CBB era as well.

Back