• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

If [Redacted] resigned, who could/would we hire?

Pitt will have as many PA kids on their roster next year as Wake has NC kids in their 2012 recruiting class. Those two PA kids are from the Philly area, 5 hours away. Pittsburgh does not have local talent.

Pitt will have as many PA kids on their roster next year as Wake has NC kids in their 2012 recruiting class. Those two PA kids are from the Philly area, 5 hours away. Pittsburgh does not have local talent.

I would call the state local.

Buzz Williams got a raise last year and makes over $2 million / year. There's no way Wake Forest is going to pry him away from a Big East job in which he's already successful.

no, but xavier is a better job than wake right now

Mil, the coach is more successful as is the program. There is no doubt about that. However, I'm not sure that it's considered a "better" job in coaching circles, which I thought was the original question.

I understand that no one in his right mind right now would want to leave a successful program like Xavier's to come to the train wreck that is Wake Forest. However, I don't believe playing at Charlotte is considered "better" than at Cameron.

Pitt is better. More money, resources, local talent, recent history, and great academics.

I hate to say I told you so, but this is what you nattering nabobs get for running off Dino. State went through the same thing when they ran off Herb Sendek, a great coach and honorable man.

There wasn't much uproar around Dino before he was fired, really like a 50/50 split in the fanbase. Ron Wellman and Dino just didn't get along, nor did they see eye to eye in terms of recruiting so Dino was let go. I figured your BFF would have told you that already tho.

My list in order
1. Anyone but [Redacted]

I like this list.

I would call the state local.

Schools in California are very pleased to here this new definition of "local."

Pitt is better. More money, resources, local talent, recent history, and great academics.

I hate to say I told you so, but this is what you nattering nabobs get for running off Dino. State went through the same thing when they ran off Herb Sendek, a great coach and honorable man.

lmao at this entire comment

Mil, the coach is more successful as is the program. There is no doubt about that. However, I'm not sure that it's considered a "better" job in coaching circles, which I thought was the original question.

I understand that no one in his right mind right now would want to leave a successful program like Xavier's to come to the train wreck that is Wake Forest. However, I don't believe playing at Charlotte is considered "better" than at Cameron.

i don't get the charlotte comment.

best thing ever to happen to xavier's basketball program was wake hiring skip.

i don't get the charlotte comment.

best thing ever to happen to xavier's basketball program was wake hiring skip.

I think he is saying that although Xavier is having more recent success, they are still in the A-10 playing teams like UNC-Charlotte, while Wake is in the ACC playing teams like Duke/UNC. Regardless of X's recent history, Wake is still going to be considered a better job because of our conference affiliation/prestige of our competition.

That's just my guess though.

I think he is saying that although Xavier is having more recent success, they are still in the A-10 playing teams like UNC-Charlotte, while Wake is in the ACC playing teams like Duke/UNC. Regardless of X's recent history, Wake is still going to be considered a better job because of our conference affiliation/prestige of our competition.

That's just my guess though.

I'm sure ACC contracts etc bring more money in for us than X as well.

I think it's reasonable to say that Wake is a better job than Xavier but no coach would leave Xavier for Wake at this point.

I'm not anxious to return to plundering Xavier's coaching staff anytime soon. Been there, done that. More than once. (Well, now that I think about it...anything might be an improvement.)

Back