• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

If the Broncos win will Peyton retire?

If he wins will Peyton Manning retire?

• Yes

Votes: 19 19.8%
  • No

Votes: 75 78.1%
  • Numbers/Doofus

Votes: 2 2.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

RJKarl

Banhammer'd
Reaction score
He's been talking about it for the past couple of weeks.

If you think about it, this is the perfect scenario. He had the greatest regular season ever and wins the Super Bowl to quiet the critics about only winning one before this season.

He's got the money. He's done everything he can do on the field.

He's going to play until he physically can't anymore. It's just the way he's wired. Furthermore, no way someone as competitive as him quits after the greatest statistical season in NFL history by a quarterback.

It would be a great way to go out. But I hope he sticks around for a few more. He's playing at an ungodly level, incredible to watch. He's not just competing, he is dominating the league. Also, he's barely getting touched out there, he's protecting himself. But I would understand him walking away if they win it all.

Whenever he chooses to walk I'm predicting he'll become the best color guy in the business. He is fantastic in the booth.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No way he leaves without Elway drafting his replacement. When Elway gets his guy in the draft, we will know Peyton is retiring soon.

It would be nice to go out "like Elway," but this season has shown there is still tread on the tires - more than Elway had on his SB. Unless he has a physical setback, I think he'll return.

Hope he retires before he can't play at the same level anymore, but nothing about this season suggests he's at that point. Hope we get a couple more out of him.

With the way the NFL protects QB's, he could have a lot left in him. NFL QB is probably the 4th least physically demanding position in sports now, after golfer, NASCAR driver, and designated hitter.

Yeah, I agree he hangs on another 2-3 years. He never had to rely on athleticism anyway. The only real worry for him is losing more arm strength, and if that happens, I think he'll retire. And if he wants that 2nd ring, he better play well in 2 weeks while Russell Wilson is regressing a bit. I think Denver would have a hard time beating San Fran or Seattle with Kaepernick and Wilson at the top of their games, which likely happens over the next couple of years. He should also pray New York isn't experiencing 20-30 mph winds and sub-freezing temps in 13 days.

Over on the Maryland boards they are having a Brady v Manning debate and a bunch of mouth breathers are convinced that Brady's 3 SB rings make him clearly superior. Are there still people who buy into that nonsense? Manning is definitely a better QB.

Over on the Maryland boards they are having a Brady v Manning debate and a bunch of mouth breathers are convinced that Brady's 3 SB rings make him clearly superior. Are there still people who buy into that nonsense? Manning is definitely a better QB.

Marc James is one of those mouth breathers. Last Friday he was being super annoying on his show with this viewpoint the entire time.

Kinda want Peyton to win the next two SBs just to eliminate that talking point.

of course there are. it's a simpleton argument.

I'd pick the "oh hell naw" option if there was one. Peyton needs two to surpass his little brother and I think that's what he has in mind.

I would think his 15,000,000 guaranteed next year would be reason enough. And the chance at 19,000,000 guaranteed the next year.

Overall better QB maybe. But outside of yesterday where Brady missed a number of receivers, Brady has been the better postseason QB. But Brady had much better defenses than Manning had early in his career, and that helps explain why NE's and Brady's postseason records have been a bit more mundane in recent years.

Overall better QB maybe. But outside of yesterday where Brady missed a number of receivers, Brady has been the better postseason QB. But Brady had much better defenses than Manning had early in his career, and that helps explain why NE's and Brady's postseason records have been a bit more mundane in recent years.

once the patriots became a passing team they haven't won a super bowl. I am sure it's a coincidence, just like the 11-5 matt cassel season was a coincidence (and the colts 2-14 season without manning was a coincidence).

Depends on what his year end physical says about the health of his neck.

Think he plays 1-2 more years regardless of what happens on 2/2, with the only caveat whether his diminishing arm strength forces him to retire after next year.

Back