• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

If Wake, Clemson and Cuse All Tie at 7-1...

so Clemson

Right. Which is why we’ve been saying Clemson need to lose twice. There’s no scenario where Wake has a good chance to break a tie.

I think in that scenario all three teams are top 10-15. Wake's best argument is that we would have the earliest loss of the three which is why i'm curious if the system is resume based or predictive or a combo.

I think in that scenario all three teams are top 10-15. Wake's best argument is that we would have the earliest loss of the three which is why i'm curious if the system is resume based or predictive or a combo.
so Clemson

Yeah I mean right now the metric ranking for the three from sources that are almost entirely based on this season (not recruiting classes, historical performance, etc.) is 1. Clemson, 2. Wake, 3. Cuse but obviously in this scenario Clemson and Cuse both lose at some point.

The major issue is even with a win today and bumping up Cuse's odds a few percentage points (which it's not even a guarantee that odds would change, on paper Clemson should be roughly tied or even ahead right now - Cuse has almost double digit turnover luck), they're still more likely to go 10-2 than 11-1 and Wake is more likely to go 9-3 than 11-1 at this point.

Clemson will make a run in the 2nd half. Syracuse hasn't won yet, but pulling for them.

Does a hypothetical Clemson loss at ND have any impact on the tie break? It should.

No. It's not an ACC game. For the same breakdown reason our game against UNC last year did not have an impact on anything ACC related.

Yes it does. The tiebreaker is based on a metric that includes every game. A 10-2 Clemson would certainly be ranked lower than 11-1 Wake.

Yes it does. The tiebreaker is based on a metric that includes every game. A 10-2 Clemson would certainly be ranked lower than 11-1 Wake.
Oh yeah absolutely. I thought he meant whether or not Clemson losing impacts whether or not Clemson is in a tie with us.

Oh yeah absolutely. I thought he meant whether or not Clemson losing impacts whether or not Clemson is in a tie with us.
We would be tied but their second loss should have them ranked below us if we win out and impress, .
but less relevant since Cuse bonehead penalties gave Clemson new life.

Oh well, not gonna be needed now. Say goodbye to our ACCCG hopes.

Back