• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

IF we make the NIT this year and NCAAs next year, should Bzz get an extension?

He should get a ticket on the next train out of town, but our Dear Leader Wellman will re-sign him for 5 more years.

Wouldn't it be fitting if the program became a sustained success and you all begged for an extension. If it happens, I wouldn't blame Buzz for thanking us for all the support through the years and moving on.

Wouldn't it be fitting if the program became a sustained success and you all begged for an extension. If it happens, I wouldn't blame Buzz for thanking us for all the support through the years and moving on.

Getting way ahead of yourself there cowboy.

And where precisely is he moving on to in your scenario where he actually does something to merit an extension at Wake? No one is hiring a 61 year old because he has two NCAA appearances in 11 years of coaching. A lot of people were surprised when Miami hired 61 year old Jim Larranga even with the Final 4 appearance on his resume. Also, I wouldn't exactly call a NIT appearance and a NCAA appearance sustained success.

Last edited:
Getting way ahead of yourself there cowboy.

And where precisely is he moving on to in your scenario where he actually does something to merit an extension at Wake? No one is hiring a 61 year old because he has two NCAA appearances in 11 years of coaching. A lot of people were surprised when Miami hired 61 year old Jim Larranga even with the Final 4 appearance on his resume. Also, I wouldn't exactly call a NIT appearance and a NCAA appearance sustained success.

This is Jeff [Redacted]'s last NCAA job.

Well of course. As little as I understand people who have yet to come top a decision on him or who have come to a positive decision, I understand the narrative that we are somehow lucky to have him even less.

Well of course. As little as I understand people who have yet to come top a decision on him or who have come to a positive decision, I understand the narrative that we are somehow lucky to have him even less.

patty-hearst.jpg

What if we beat an overrated team in the bottom third of the Top 25 by one point at home?

I figure Wake has to win 9 more games to have a shot at the NIT. There are only 12 more regular season games left and the ACCT. If [Redacted] puts together 9 wins in that stretch, which includes 6 road games, then I will be very impressed.

What if I told you that Jeff [Redacted] outcoached Mark Gottfried?

What if I told you that TJ Warren didn't know that Devin Thomas existed?

Hi Mark, it's me Devin Thomas:

8067667.jpeg

Back