• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

If you are looking for something to look forward to....

Brangus

Reaction score
Wake baseball is a consensus top 20 team, the average in the polls seems to be around 17. More games should be available with the ACC Network. I personally love watching college baseball, so I'll just forget about the hardwood and nets until Danny Manning is fired and focus on the Diamond Deacs after February 14th!

Last edited:
Do you ever go to any of the games in person? What is the atmosphere like?

Pretty good once spring weather rolls in. Have been to four games, all later in the season to be honest.

Wake baseball is a consensus top 20 team, the average in the polls seems to be around 17. More games should be available with the ACC Network. I personally love watching college baseball, so I'll just forget about the hardwood and nets until Danny Manning is fired and focus on the Diamond Deacs after February 14th!

I think we were ranked preseason last year too, let’s see some results before getting excited. If you haven’t learned that as a Wake fan then shame on you.

I've heard that the atmosphere at some college baseball games was a lot of fun. Some SEC schools have fan tailgating sections behind the outfield and apparently a great atmosphere. Doesn't sound like Wake's atmosphere is anything like that though.

I've heard that the atmosphere at some college baseball games was a lot of fun. Some SEC schools have fan tailgating sections behind the outfield and apparently a great atmosphere. Doesn't sound like Wake's atmosphere is anything like that though.

Obviously the atmosphere is nothing like the SEC schools but I have been to games where folks tailgated (mostly good ACC games). The atmosphere is usually good with the Big 4 schools especially State/UNC who bring a good amount of fans. I go to several baseball games a year and early in the season when the weather is cold/cool, the attendance is poor. Once the weather warms and if the team is playing well, attendance does pick up.

The best game I have ever been to attendance wise and with the best atmosphere was in 2017 when Wake hosted the Regionals and during the WVU/Wake game. Place was packed (there were a lot of WVU fans), great game and yes Wake won.

Atmosphere is soooo much better than what Feb and March bkb will be.

Women's golf, men's golf, men's and women's tennis should all be great.

Nope. Students would at least show up on nice days when the stadium was on campus.

Wake Baseball 2020 thread has already been started and is several pages long for those that want to join in!

Nope. Students would at least show up on nice days when the stadium was on campus.

Duncan was a huge baseball fan and was at most home games at Hooks stadium. He would sprawl out over two or three rows. Big dude.

He understood the game well too. He was actually chatty in the stands, as long as some idiot didn't bring up basketball.

Back