• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

If you had a time machine that only went one-way through time, which direction would you go?

If you had a time machine, which direction would you go?

• Total voters
Past.

I know more of what I’m getting into and have a better chance of turning my knowledge from the future into success.

OTOH…orgasmatrons…

Past.

I know more of what I’m getting into and have a better chance of turning my knowledge from the future into success.

OTOH…orgasmatrons…
774d2a5d-1f3a-4ef7-b791-009929531a7d_text.gif

Future you can learn a bunch of things back to the future style, possibility by knowing things when you return to the present that the future things do not occur, such as winners in sporting events.

Past though seems like the safer investment, all the Apple stock, all the real estate transactions.

do i get to know i'm taking the trip or is some timelord just showing up being like "past or future, biotch"

The problem with going more than 10 years into the future, is you will be greeted with a scene like this:

Collage-Giant-Sun.png

You could die instantly in the future from a potential apocalyptic event, or be made eternal by AI or medical advances. Lets roll the dice!

Nice thing about going back to the past is that you can eventually make it back to the present. A one way ticket to the future and you’re stuck there. What if it sucks!

I'm not equipped to handle something more than a few weeks into the future.

Also, what if you got there and they were having a fucking pandemic. We know how much those things suck.

I'd go to the past and bet on sports.

il_794xN.2233250544_imdd.jpg

You people need to read more Bradbury.

Back