• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

If you had to give it up, forever

myDeaconmyhand

First man to get a team of horses up Bear Mountain
Reaction score
Would you give up your favorite homemade meal, or your favorite album?

Meal. I feel like it's something that brings me pleasure for a small period of time every now and then. A great album can brighten my day at work, in the car, while working out, etc...

Album. My favorite album changes weekly and I listen to a ton of different music.

I am choosing between my homemade chili and Neutral Milk Hotel’s In The Aeroplane Over The Sea. I get so much enjoyment out of making chili, because I never do it quite the same way, so there is a familiarity in the shopping and the preparation that I love, but there is still that small element of surprise where I never know exactly how it’s going to taste. That bi-monthly(?) ritual would be very hard to give up, but I get such a cathartic emotional release from Aeroplane over the sea that it would hurt to lose. I still sometimes just play it in my car as loud as possible and scream all the words and tear up. Think I would give up homemade chili.

Meal.

There‘s a lot of food I like. I gave up pate years ago. While it sucks, I’ve found lots of other stuff to eat.

I doubt I’d want to lose Abbey Road.

I am choosing between my homemade chili and Neutral Milk Hotel’s In The Aeroplane Over The Sea. I get so much enjoyment out of making chili, because I never do it quite the same way, so there is a familiarity in the shopping and the preparation that I love, but there is still that small element of surprise where I never know exactly how it’s going to taste. That bi-monthly(?) ritual would be very hard to give up, but I get such a cathartic emotional release from Aeroplane over the sea that it would hurt to lose. I still sometimes just play it in my car as loud as possible and scream all the words and tear up. Think I would give up homemade chili.
There are like 10 albums that I am not sure I can live without, so I am going to give up a a meal. Aeroplane is one of them.

Favorite album is my av. Could I still listen to the new remixed version that just came out?

Favorite album is my av. Could I still listen to the new remixed version that just came out?

Nope, it would be like that collection of songs didn’t exist in your world anymore, not even in other compilations or car commercials.

Also, I’d lie and say my favorite food is meecrob.

I’ve already given up some of my favorite foods in my own personal quest to fight climate change so I am good with giving up more food for sake of listening to Neutral Milk Hotel.

Back