• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

If you had your choice

EagleDeac

Reaction score
And only one could be fired at the end of this basketball season, who would you choose - Wellman or Buzz?

Well, obviously Wellman because the person who replaces Wellman will fire Buzz of course.

Agreed with Woody. Wellman for that exact reason but I hate Wellman far worse than Bzz.

And only one could be fired at the end of this basketball season, who would you choose - Wellman or Buzz?

I'm assuming in this hypothetical that Wellman's replacement would have to wait a year to fire Buzz.

Even still I would choose Wellman.

[Redacted]'s ability to damage the program by staying one more year is far less than Wellman's ability to damage the program by making the next basketball hire.

Wellman would take a few months to replace meaning Buzz would be the coach in 2014-15.

Still Wellman.

What if Wake was stuck with the guy you don't fire until he dies of natural causes? I think in that case I would rather have [Redacted] fired.

Buzz. He has done nothing good for Wake, whereas Wellman has done a lot for the school. Yes, Wellman screwed up by hiring and retaining Buzz, but he also hired Grobe, Prosser, Bresky, Vidovich, and Da Luz. I think he just made a really good transition to Clawson. He has overseen multiple national championships in a variety of sports. Finally, and most importantly, he provided a very strong voice for keeping the ACC intact during the past three years, which is the most critical sports-related development for Wake in the past several decades.

Well, obviously Wellman because the person who replaces Wellman will fire Buzz of course.

Wellman. With Buzz it is just about basketball. But besides Wellman's continuing failure as an AD; his dishonesty and general lack of integrity will continue to besmirch the reputation of MSD as long as he is allowed to remain. With me it all started with basketball, but Wake's biggest problem is Ron Wellman. The second biggest problem is leadership that allows his continued employment.

Last edited:
I'm assuming in this hypothetical that Wellman's replacement would have to wait a year to fire Buzz.

Even still I would choose Wellman.

[Redacted]'s ability to damage the program by staying one more year is far less than Wellman's ability to damage the

program by making the next basketball hire.

Yes, you'd have to wait at least a year to fire the other.

Buzz. He has done nothing good for Wake, whereas Wellman has done a lot for the school. Yes, Wellman screwed up by hiring and retaining Buzz, but he also hired Grobe, Prosser, Bresky, Vidovich, and Da Luz. I think he just made a really good transition to Clawson. He has overseen multiple national championships in a variety of sports. Finally, and most importantly, he provided a very strong voice for keeping the ACC intact during the past three years, which is the most critical sports-related development for Wake in the past several decades.

Despite Wellman's arrogance, I agree with the above. Buzz. Basketball is Wake's premier sport. Get rid of the coach that is ruining it.

Should have been a poll.

Bz, and it's not even close.

Bz looks like a guy ready to quit. He has nothing left, if he ever head anything to begin with. Shows no emotion in win or defeat on the sideline. I think he quits before the year ends....seriously. Not saying that will be great, because then a beloved Deac will have to take the interim tag, but if that's what it takes to get rid of Bz......so be it.

I think it's number 5 job in conference right now. Be interesting to see how recruiting goes. PA doesn't have the same talent pool of years past.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

I think the #WellmanOut effort actually shielded Buzz as Wellman has strong personal relationships with most of the long time, big money giving BoTs, and they probably circled the wagons around Ron when he was attacked. I think it made the fans look nuttier when they went after Wellman. Got to stay focused; make it about [Redacted]. Buzz is the Great Satan, Wellman is an arrogant douche but he has done some good along with the bad for Wake...Buzz has been all bad.

I think the #WellmanOut effort actually shielded Buzz as Wellman has strong personal relationships with most of the long time, big money giving BoTs, and they probably circled the wagons around Ron when he was attacked. I think it made the fans look nuttier when they went after Wellman. Got to stay focused; make it about [Redacted]. Buzz is the Great Satan, Wellman is an arrogant douche but he has done some good along with the bad for Wake...Buzz has been all bad.

I've heard the opposite. I've heard that many of the big donors have offered their opinion to Wellman and have been ignored. His ego is huge and he's on an island mostly alone at this point.

Wellman should get very little credit for hiring Vidovich. Walt died the first week into the season in 1994. Wellman had zero options at that point.

Back