• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Im glad we lost

kchartley02

Reaction score
Another reason to show why Jeff "program screwer" [Redacted] has no business coaching a college or let alone basketball team in general.

So, Maybe wellman will reclaim his stability as a person, and come to his senses and fire this man.

Problem is that he will not admit he made a mistake with this hire and Bzz will be back next year.

I'd be a lot happier if I thought we would get somewhere from it. But we won't because Bz has pics of ron wellman having sex with farm animals.

Last edited:
One can hope that we will wake up one day next week, and Bzz will be fired. I don't think it will happen, but most didn't see the Dino firing either.. Who knows what's going on behind the scenes..

I think our only hope is that Buzz himself decides to head back to the anonymous life of a NBA assistant.

Behind the scenes, Wellman is asking the trustees to extend Bz.

I've heard from a source in the AD (not like an RJ source or anything but still) that the trustees and big donors are much happier after this season than last. I don't really know what would cause this, but take it FWIW. This person also said there is 0 chance we fire Bz this year and very little chance after year, unless we show no signs of improvement.

Last edited:
Another reason to show why Jeff "program screwer" [Redacted] has no business coaching a college or let alone basketball team in general.

So, Maybe wellman will reclaim his stability as a person, and come to his senses and fire this man.

Fuck you.

You can hate [Redacted], or wish for him to be fired, all you want. God knows most of us here do.

But to be glad that Wake lost? Fuck you.

[Redacted] now has 3 years left on his contract, one has to assume.

MTOW: I’m going to ask the question that I know you probably won’t answer, but was it a five-year deal, a five-year contract.
RW: Most of our initial contracts are five years.

http://www.journalnow.net/index.php/mytakeonwake/entry/rons-take-on-the-basketball-program-part-9/

According to most, if a coach gets under 4 then it can start to hurt recruiting. Not that I want this clown to get an extension, obviously. But I wouldn't be surprised at all if he did.

Well shit, I'm not. We weren't going to beat UNC anyway. Winning today wouldn't have helped Buzz after next season.

I'm not glad we lost, but given that we did, I'm glad we got blown out in the second half. That will turn the heat up on Wellman and Bzz this offseason. There needs to be a lot of heat on these guys. Pointed questions need to be asked.

I'm not glad we lost, but given that we did, I'm glad we got blown out in the second half. That will turn the heat up on Wellman and Bzz this offseason. There needs to be a lot of heat on these guys. Pointed questions need to be asked.

Agreed!

I bet this is what the original poster meant, but either way I agree. If we are going to lose, let's lose big if only because it gives us some glimmer of hope that Mr. Personality gets canned. I know it's a longshot at best, but this result has can only make it more likely. If we can't hope to be rid of him, there's really nothing to hope for, right?

Fuck all that nonsense. I want Wake to win every game, and if they lose, I want it to be on a buzzer beater. Losing by 20 or 30 frustrates the shit out of me, and it's embarrassing for the program. No one on this thread has any idea if this loss had an effect on our coaching situation.

I can't believe anyone - anyone - would be pleased with a Wake loss. Second halves like that rip my guts out, even after a 13 win season of humiliating defeats.

Ask yourself this: is it fair to feel this way knowing that guys like CJ Harris and Travis McKie (and others), who give all they have every time they wear the old gold and black, have to sit in their dorms tonight thinking about what happened...and will do so until next November?

I've heard from a source in the AD (not like an RJ source or anything but still) that the trustees and big donors are much happier after this season than last. I don't really know what would cause this, but take it FWIW. This person also said there is 0 chance we fire Bz this year and very little chance after year, unless we show no signs of improvement.

Your so-called "source" was just torturing you. It's hard to believe that there are people out there who are that sadistic.

Back