• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

I'm no facepainter...

there have been some real good super bowls in years where there was just 1 week off, IIRC

I've heard lots of former NFL players say how much most players like routines and normalcy, so it wouldn't surprise me a bit for there to be a trend of better quality Super Bowls with a 1 week off, instead of 2 weeks. Can you imagine the lunacy if there was a 6 week layoff between conference title games and the Super Bowl????

awful game. with each passing year football is less and less appealing to me.

awful game. with each passing year football is less and less appealing to me.

I think under the stupid system we have, it had to be those two teams playing, but it's just hard to believe LSU couldn't do better on offense. I mean, it was liking watching Bama defense playing against a 1AA offense.

The LSU forums are pretty funny this morning though. Wanting to fire Les Miles, arguing with each other about "accepting mediocrity"...it's incredible.

The LSU forums are pretty funny this morning though. Wanting to fire Les Miles, arguing with each other about "accepting mediocrity"...it's incredible.

I imagine the LSU board meltdown is even surpassing the Clemson board meltdown after last week's Orange Bowl.

I really thought that after all the weird shit we witnessed in the other BCS games that "The Rematch" would be different. I was wrong. Call me stupid, but I would much rather see a game where neither team can keep the other from scoring than a game where neither can get in the endzone. Field goals suck, and we had to wait through 7 and a half quarters and 10 field goals between them to get a td, when LSU had already quit. Smh

I really thought that after all the weird shit we witnessed in the other BCS games that "The Rematch" would be different. I was wrong. Call me stupid, but I would much rather see a game where neither team can keep the other from scoring than a game where neither can get in the endzone. Field goals suck, and we had to wait through 7 and a half quarters and 10 field goals between them to get a td, when LSU had already quit. Smh

I tell you what though, watching that game you got the feeling that Bama was scoring a lot of points that way they moved the ball, but LSU's defense stiffened enough to hold Bama to 5 field goals prior to the touchdown. I was shocked at how consistently Bama was able to move the ball on LSU, almost as shocked as I was LSU's inability to move the ball hardly at all against Bama's defense.

I personally loved watching the two defenses play ball last night. It was highly disappointing that LSU's offense executed so poorly that it didn't seem very close. But getting to watch two of the best/better defenses college football has ever seen play in the same game is pretty cool. The game was disappointing for sure, but not because it was boring. If you want to see shit-tons of offense then become a Pac12 or Big12 fan (or watch the orange bowl on repeat). Its hard to execute defense as well as these two teams did over the 8 quarters they played this season.

I tell you what though, watching that game you got the feeling that Bama was scoring a lot of points that way they moved the ball, but LSU's defense stiffened enough to hold Bama to 5 field goals prior to the touchdown. I was shocked at how consistently Bama was able to move the ball on LSU, almost as shocked as I was LSU's inability to move the ball hardly at all against Bama's defense.

Alabama had a huge advantage in their prep offensively. LSU has to respect Richardson regardless of what the rest of the offense is doing. So they just planned to air it out more expecting LSU to key on #3. Which worked to perfection. And LSU doesn't really have a choice but to game-plan for him because hes a freak If mcarron executes for alabama like he did last night its gonna be hard for lsu to keep them under 300yards (disregarding turnovers, etc...)

Back