• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

"I'm Not Concerned About The Very Poor" says Mittens

and yet his fellow Republicans would love to cut some big holes in that safety net

Safety net my ass. Lose your job and be unable to make rent and see just how "ample" the safety net is. What a fucking asshole. A $100 million trust fund for his kids that he used a loophole to get out of having to pay the full taxes on- now that's an ample safety net.

I saw something yesterday that said even though he was thumping Newt in FL, his likeability rating dropped to the 20s.

This will go well with "I like to fire people" and "let the foreclosures finish and investors buy the homes " in October.

every time I see Mittens, I think of this:

http://www.nbc.com/saturday-night-live/video/tv-funhouse-maraka/84996/

1441936.jpg

Last edited:
He needs to be a bit more media savvy in what he says. Saying shit like that is not smart, although the context in which it was stated is not the least bit controversial. Love to see all the libs get their panties in a wad about it though.

The context is he's not concerned abotu the poor becuase of the "safety net". He's not concerned abotu getting the poor into the middle class.

romeny specifically said,"I'm not focused on the poor."

Basically "fuck the poor, they won't vote and they don't count."

The context is he's not concerned abotu the poor becuase of the "safety net". He's not concerned abotu getting the poor into the middle class.

It's not the government's job to get the poor into the middle class. It's the job of the poor to make themselves unpoor. It is the job of the government to keep them from falling to the fringes of society and/or dying because they can't get food or assistance, which they can currently get in ample supply.

romeny specifically said,"I'm not focused on the poor."

Basically "fuck the poor, they won't vote and they don't count."

Really? Is that really what he said? Because he said the same thing about the very rich too, and yet somehow I didn't interpret that as "fuck the rich, they won't vote and they don't count."

Overblown, but still he's an idiot for saying it. You wouldn't see Obama make the same kind of mistake.

I'm curious who he considers the "very rich" and "very poor". He's trying to argue that he's not worried about the far ends of the distribution, but if you asked him about the concerns of the Top 0.1%, I'm sure he'd respond like he cares.

Back