• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

I'm Officially An Indepedent

Congrats on officially saying "I can't make up my mind because I'm a big fat pussy."

Congrats on officially saying "I can't make up my mind because I'm a big fat pussy."

not true of independents per se, but it is true of the famous "undecideds" in October of an election year.

the joke is that they're the most sought-after and least-informed voters in the country. "They're undecided because they don't know anything!"

That, or maybe some of us just don't want to endorse the idiocy that's going on in both parties these days in American politics.

Some of you should have this on your summer reading list...

51%2BHW3e00fL._SS500_.jpg

Just saw this. BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO you Go.

Sorry that I don't want to be part of a party that is currently dominated by a segment of society that I loathe. I was actually hoping the rapture had occurred a few weeks ago so that the Religious Right would leave this planet and real conservatives could get shit done without having to hearing about the dumbest shit on Earth, (i.e. abortion or gay marriage).

Just saw this. BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO you Go.

Sorry that I don't want to be part of a party that is currently dominated by a segment of society that I loathe. I was actually hoping the rapture had occurred a few weeks ago so that the Religious Right would leave this planet and real conservatives could get shit done without having to hearing about the dumbest shit on Earth, (i.e. abortion or gay marriage).

Absolutely.

When did fighting to protect the rights of innocent unborn children become "the dumbest shit on earth"?

When did fighting to protect the rights of innocent unborn children become "the dumbest shit on earth"?

Maybe its because I'm pretty much un-Christian these days but I believe in the shear brutality of Darwinism. Well not really but abortion has helped to stem overpopulation in modern societies, something that can not be said about struggling third world nations, and if I had been aborted I would have never known the difference and life would have gone on.

Of course that probably goes to my current belief on death, where I don't really care about what happens when I die, because when I'm dead, I'm dead. Life will go on, and hopefully I made a decent enough impression on the people in my life to be missed at least a lit bit.

When the exact opposite is supported after that child is born.

Maybe its because I'm pretty much un-Christian these days but I believe in the shear brutality of Darwinism. Well not really but abortion has helped to stem overpopulation in modern societies, something that can not be said about struggling third world nations, and if I had been aborted I would have never known the difference and life would have gone on.

Of course that probably goes to my current belief on death, where I don't really care about what happens when I die, because when I'm dead, I'm dead. Life will go on, and hopefully I made a decent enough impression on the people in my life to be missed at least a lit bit.

Abortion as a solution to over-population...I think you sir, are well on your way to making a great impression. My suggestion is that at the next cocktail party you allow this to be your main conversation starter. That should really take people's impression of you to the next level. :eek:

Abortion as a solution to over-population...I think you sir, are well on your way to making a great impression. My suggestion is that at the next cocktail party you allow this to be your main conversation starter. That should really take people's impression of you to the next level. :eek:

Sad but true fact: Violent crime has gone down every year beginning 12 years after Roe v. Wade.

Another sad but true fact: It costs a lot less money for the government to pay for an abortion than it does to house someone in a prison after their parents don't want them and don't raise them.

Can't have abortions, but damn if that kid is going on the government dole.

What are you talking about? Are you trying to argue that the government should have to pay for all the expenses of a child it doesn't allow the parent to abort? And that because it doesn't do that, it is acting immorally?

What are you talking about? Are you trying to argue that the government should have to pay for all the expenses of a child it doesn't allow the parent to abort? And that because it doesn't do that, it is acting immorally?

No. But it's hypocritical to defend anti-abortion bills and then claim "wellfare moms", single parents, etc. deserve no support.

No. But it's hypocritical to defend anti-abortion bills and then claim "wellfare moms", single parents, etc. deserve no support.

I don't know if I'd go that far, especially since you're arguing in absolutes. The personal responsibility of avoiding an unwanted pregnant has to come into play.

I don't know if I'd go that far, especially since you're arguing in absolutes. The personal responsibility of avoiding an unwanted pregnant has to come into play.

I'd agree with that.

True, but are we willing to let Americans suffer because of irresponsible parents?

Back