• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

I'm thinking about switching to a different cologne. Any suggestions?

When I lived in Philly, you could tell when I lost my umbrella. You'd get cologne as a present.

It seemed like some cologne (men's or women's) was always giving away an umbrella. Since I accepted the fact that umbrellas had a life expectancy of 5-10 uses with me, I was this as a logical way to combat it.

And the women in your life would laugh their asses off, obviously assuming you were joking.

Says the guy who asked "Seriously, who wears cologne?"

As a female voice in this conversation, colognes can be a nice touch in the right situation. Scents are one of the strongest memory triggers- the last guy I was with before J came along wore cologne, and to this day if I am near someone wearing it I can still pick it out.
If you wear it, someone should only be able to smell it if they are CLOSE to you.
If I can smell you before I see you or if I can still smell you after you leave, you're doing it wrong and you will get nowhere. and everyone in close public places will hate you.

Colognes are for betas who don't have strong enough natural pheromones. When you have a healthy kavorka, cologne is just wasted money.

37c37_1308917666-aziz-ansari-tommy-fresh-parks-and-recreation_medium.jpg

LBE is spot on, it should be only enough so that they can smell it when they are up against you. Not across the room.

I wear it when I am going out on the town. I really like Canali. I also have a bottle of Ferragamo that my wife gave me as a gift along with a nice pair of Ferragamo driving (stlye) loafers. I like it, but it is a little strong.

I don't wear cologne often but when I do I use this and like it:

t_23741.jpg

or if you want to go old school try this:

PRFM-129095.jpg

I chuckled at a bunch of the tags but I think "dillard's house blend" might be my favorite.

hmmm and I thought I was in the minority by not wearing cologne

Davidoff - Cool Water.

I did a "smell off" with some chicks and that's the one they picked.

Seriously this is what I wear, but I didn't post it because I was afraid all the youngsters here would laugh at me for being an outdated old man. I've worn it for like 20 years.

Back