• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

I'm With Ron

I don't know, there was an early bracketology that had 3 ACC teams in one bracket while another had 0.

The committee not only will consider strength of schedule and RPI but also a school's intentions in scheduling. Wichita State is trying to land a No. 1 seed but might be hurt by what is widely perceived as a light schedule. The Shockers have struggled to schedule marquee home-and-home series and were left in a weakened Missouri Valley Conference after Creighton's departure.

"Often times, schools will develop a schedule thinking it's a very strong schedule, only to have their opponents fall on their face, and the schedule isn't nearly as strong as what they thought it might be," Wellman said.

---

Which begs the question what were were the "intentions" in drawing up Wake's preconference schedule?

If you're with him, wherever you are, give him a good hard kick in the knee from me.

I loathe the sight of that man for what he's done to Wake Forest basketball and short of Dave Clawson winning an ACC title within the next few years, nothing will change that.

More proof of just how fucked up the NCAA is.

Make a guy who arguably made the worst major-conference hire of all time the head of March Madness selections/seedings. At no time has this screamed insane more than it does 4 years into The [Redacted] Experiment.

Perhaps the NAACP can hire George Zimmerman as their new PR rep.

And notice the subtle CO mention. They're on the bubble in year four. That foundation is crumbling, I tell you.

Make a guy who arguably made the worst major-conference hire of all time the head of March Madness selections/seedings. At no time has this screamed insane more than it does 4 years into The [Redacted] Experiment.

Perhaps the NAACP can hire George Zimmerman as their new PR rep.

Any chance we can talk Katz or Eamonn into writing a story about this in the lead up to selection Sunday?

I imagine the selection committee joking around, asking "hey were should we seed Wake Forest". The whole room cracks up except for Ron, who just sits there and asks "Great question, I'll leave the room so you guys can talk it over".

At least he was appointed to the committee back in the days when we actually had a good basketball program, and the chairmanship is basically just who has seniority on the committee.

Still, they've wound up with some awful ADs as the chair. Poisoned chalice

Wake Forest intended to hire a good basketball coach 4 years ago and we intended to have a winning season this year so therefore, 3 seed in the Western Bracket.

And Ron has already suffered enough drain bramage #bikeaccident

how many years ago was ronnie tapped to head the committee? was he chosen prior to hiring bzz? you know he would not get the job after this debacle. then again, if ronnie is anything (and he is a lot of things vain, arrogant, dismissive and disrespectful) he is an ass kisser of the highest order. his knob goes to 11.

Last edited:
At least he was appointed to the committee back in the days when we actually had a good basketball program, and the chairmanship is basically just who has seniority on the committee.

Still, they've wound up with some awful ADs as the chair. Poisoned chalice

"I'll tell you but I'll have to kill you."

Ron really likes to say "seed lines." Probably as much as he likes saying : "Heavens, yes!" "Historically competitive" "He's done all we've asked of him" "We're building a foundation" and on and on .....

Ron really likes to say "seed lines." Probably as much as he likes saying : "Heavens, yes!" "Historically competitive" "He's done all we've asked of him" "We're building a foundation" and on and on .....

Those sound like titles of hymns rejected from the Southern Baptist Hymnal.

Those sound like titles of hymns rejected from the Southern Baptist Hymnal.

The book of self immolation, chapter 10, vs. 1:

First, shalt though hireth a man who is wholly unqualified to be thine basketball coach...

Back