• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

IMAX coming to Winston (maybe not real IMAX)

RollTheQuad06

rolling quads since 2002
Reaction score
This article says that The Grand in Winston should be opening an IMAX next month!

It'll be pretty nice to have one in town. I wonder how much tickets will run for that?

Last edited:
This article says that The Grand in Winston should be opening an IMAX next month!

It'll be pretty nice to have one in town. I wonder how much tickets will run for that?

too much for me to want to pay. aren't they like $18 usually?

it is fun though. i love the warnings about getting sick looking at the screen.

I bet its going to be one of those faux-IMAXs where they charge you $4 more for a slightly larger screen.

$12 per ticket plus $1 service charge (probably per ticket) for a Saturday matinee of Harry Potter 3D.

I also will be surprised if it is full IMAX..

redneck_hillbilly-13.gif

Are you guys hoping it's the curved IMAX screen? I feel like that would suck to see a movie on.

I like the IMAX where it's a much bigger screen, but still flat, and also has really amped up sound. The movie theatre at the Citadel Mall outside of Charleston is probs my favorite one I've been to.

Saw Dark Knight on a legit curved IMax screen. It was incredible. If you want to experience a fake IMax screen just go to a normal theater and sit in the 4th row.

I bet its going to be one of those faux-IMAXs where they charge you $4 more for a slightly larger screen.

It's going to be exactly like that. They are just installing a IMAX projector and IMAX sound system. Screen size will likely be the same, but the picture size on the screen will be slightly larger.

Back